| Chapter 4 |

Riley's POV
Once I was finally able to unlock the door, I saw my mum crying on the floor with something that I thought I would never see her with...

I saw my mum crying on the floor with a bottle of alcohol in her hands..

"Mum.."

She doesn't look up

"Mum.. Are you okay..?

She doesn't say anything

Nor does she look up at me

My hands are shaking more than ever, I walked up to my mum and kneeled in front of her.

"Mum.. What happened?"

"H-he left us.."

"W-ho l-left us!?"

"Your dad.."

Those words.

I never expected those words to ever come out of my mum's mouth

My dad would never leave us.

I mean..

He loves us!

"Mum, obviously he didn't leave us.. Maybe he went to the hairdressers, maybe he went to demolition, you know how he wanted to bring 'sexy' back! Or maybe he went to visit Shaw-

I kept making excuses when my mum cut me off

"RILEY! HE LEFT US FOR JUDY! IF YOU NEVER INTRODUCED JUDY TO US! HE WOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT. HE WOULD STILL BE HERE!"

Judy was my tutor in year 9..

"You t-think this is my f-fault..?"

I start to cry, salty tears were streaming down my face, like it was a race between the tears.

"Rile-"

"Well your right. It was my fault." I say without looking up, then I drop my bags and run upstairs to lock myself in my bedroom.

My back was slowly sliding down the wall, once I reached the ground, I wrap my arms tightly around my knees, hoping to comfort myself. My cheeks were stained with the endless stream of tears.

This is all my fault.

I'm so stupid.

I'm so worthless.

I start to weep harder.

Why would he leave us?

Was I not good enough?

I put my head on my knees and carry on crying.

~ 2 hours Later ~

Lucas' POV

Something about my day today was weird,

My day today wasn't full of goofiness, happiness and sunshine..

It was because I haven't seen or spoken to Riley since this morning..

I kind of feel bad because me and Maya took advantage of that and had some time to ourselves..

AKA.. Making out.. For a long period of time.. 😑
I better see how she's doing.

I drive to her house and enter through the bay window, once I was in her room, I saw a petite brunette girl in the corner.

"Riley?"

She just kept staring down at her hands, I could see her fiddling with her fingers.

"Riley.. Are you okay?"

She was sat against the wall in the corner, looking down at her hands. She had her left leg over her right, her right arm over her left.

Woah. That's weird..

Riley always liked for things to be in their place. She was right handed so her right leg was always over her left, the position of her hands always matched her legs.
So for her legs to be crossed the opposite way to her hands was outrageous to her usual self.

I want to know what's bothering her so I could go after it!

Obviously because she's my friend.. Yeah.. Even though I'm going out with her.. Yup.

I shake my head.

I start to walk towards her, once I reached her I kneeled down beside her.
"Riley.. Tell me what's wrong."

She still didn't answer me

Out of nowhere she got up and walked to the bay window, she didn't face me only her back faced my direction.

"Riley.. You can trust me.. Please tell me."

Then she started to face me with her eyes closed,
then her eyes cracked opened,
her breath quickened as she let out a salty tear.

"M-my dad left us.." She says barely loud enough for me to hear.

Wow.. Mr Matthews left her family..
Her eyes were blood shot and I could see tear stains on her cheek.

How long has she been crying?

"WHAT!?! I SWEAR I'M GOING DRAG HIM BACK HERE AND HURT HI-"
"TING"

Riley's phone cut me off, she walked over to her bed and checked her phone.

Tears started to escape Riley's eye, this time they were an endless stream.

They just kept pouring and pouring,

Yet she didn't wipe them.

"Riley.. Did something get through?"

She still doesn't answer.

She just stares at her phone screen.

"RILEY JUST TELL ME! SO I COULD GO HURT WHATEVER HURT YOU!"

She then turns her phone around to show me a picture of me and Maya kissing.

"Riley.. I can explain.."

A/N
Oh no! Lucas just got caught cheating..
What will Riley do?
What will Lucas do?
Will Riley forgive Lucas?
Anyway guys don't forget to vote and read my other rucas fan fiction called: You & I - Rucas