Cupid Anesthesia

"Come on, Camz! We gotta go!" Lauren hollered. She looked up the stairs and checked her watch, "Your appointments' in twenty-minutes!"

Camila appeared at the top of the steps and slumped onto the railing,

"Do I have to go?" she whined, "Why can't I just wait until all my wisdom teeth grow in?"

Lauren shook her head, "Dr. Wilson already explained that your wisdom teeth have to be removed as soon as they grow in, to prevent them from pushing your other teeth together," she used her hand to gesture for the brunette to finish coming down the stairs, "Come on, let's go."

Camila hated when Lauren played 'mom' with her. She wasn't a child. She could take care of herself. But at the same time, she kind of liked it. It was nice knowing someone was looking out for her. Especially when that someone was Lauren.

Camila groaned and lazily came down the stairs, following the noirette outside,

"This is so stupid," she grumbled.

Lauren chuckled and started locking the front door,

"I'm sure you'll thank him someday."

She finished with the door and the pair got into her car. The noirette buckled up and adjusted her mirrors. She looked over and grinned at her moping friend who was leaning against the window,

"Hey, cheer up. It could be worse. You could be getting a root canal," she joked, pulling the car out of the driveway.

Camila was unamused, "Whatever."

They managed to arrive at the dentist's office on time and Camila signed herself in. The assistant at the desk smiled at her,

"The Doctor will be with you shortly."

"Great," Camila mumbled under her breath. She walked over to Lauren, who was reading a magazine, and plopped down into the seat next to her. She kept her gaze on the ceiling, "This is annoying."

Lauren dropped the magazine and made a face,

"Stop complaining. It's a quick procedure. You'll be in and out in no time." She turned her attention back to the magazine, "Besides, you're only allowed to eat soft foods afterwards. That means soup and ice cream for you for the next twenty-four hours," she mentioned, trying to lighten the brunette's mood.

"Are you gonna feed them to me?" Camila smirked.

The noirette grinned, "I guess I'm gonna have to since you're acting like such a baby about the whole thing," she teased.

Camila gaped, "Am not!"

"Camila Cabello?"

The brunette responded to her name being called and looked over at the assistant who was searching for her. Camila brought her hand up,

"Present," she replied flatly.

The assistant smiled "Hi," he gestured for her to follow him, "Right this way."

Camila groaned and pouted to Lauren, who laughed at how ridiculously adorable her friend was. She smiled and placed her hand on the brunette's cheek, which made the younger woman's heart flutter,

"You'll be fine," she eased. Camila gave a small smile in return and regrettably got up to follow the assistant into the back rooms.

The dentist lowered the chair back and Camila couldn't help the nerves building up in her stomach. She had never been a fan of doctors or dentists; needles and drills didn't appeal to her better nature.

And yet, here she was getting an entire tooth pulled out.

Fantastic.

"Open wide, please," the dentist requested. Camila did and the doctor took note on how her brows furrowed. The brunette couldn't see him smiling behind his mask, "No worries Miss. Cabello. This will be a quick operation and you'll be good as new."