CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

If it wasn't mortifying enough to picture herself bald, all Eleanor could do at that moment was picture herself covered in hair from head to foot. But when she looked in the mirror, she could see that Anora had restored her hair back to its former glory, leaving her to sigh in relief.

"Alright, so how short were you looking to cut it?" Anora asked her. Eleanor lifted her hand that slightly trembled with nerves before resting it under her chin. With a nod of her head, Anora focused on the hair and started cutting away just as Eleanor closed her eyes.

It didn't take long before Anora took a step back from her work and looked to Tonks and Ginny, who grinned and nodded their heads.

 "Okay, Ellie, what do you think?"

Opening her eyes, Eleanor's lip parted open in surprise. Right away, her hand lifted up and grabbed at one of the ends holding it between her fingers gently. She couldn't help the smile as she looked directly into the mirror before turning around to thank Anora profusely.

"Wait until Fred sees you," Ginny said, "he's going to lose his mind."

Speaking of Fred, very much like Eleanor and Ginny, had decided along with his brothers, that they didn't want to clean either. Instead, they walked around the rather creepy home, sticking their heads into rooms whenever they heard something behind a closed door. Eventually, they settled in one room that seemed rather clear of anything besides dust and put their feet up. At the sound of any footsteps approaching, they attempted to look busy. However, Anora and Tonks were not fooled in the slightest as they came upon the three.

"So, is this where all the cool boys are hanging out?" Tonks asked as she knocked on the doorframe. But before any of them could answer, Anora interjected.

"No, if it was, Fred and George wouldn't be allowed in here."

Very much offended, Fred and George took to flipping her off simultaneously until Ginny walked waving her arms rather dramatically.

"May I present to you, the new and improved Eleanor Ross!"

Fred was confused for a moment, wondering what Ginny was talking about until Eleanor appeared in the doorway. She stood in a bashful manner, and it only took a few seconds before Fred realised that her long hair was gone. Immediately, he stood up from where he had been sitting and made his way over to stand in front of her.

"You cut your hair?"

"Y-yeah," she said, "I thought I would try something different."

Without saying anything right away, Fred reached out his hand and gently grabbed one of the locks of her hair in the front and grinned at her.

"I never thought you would cut your hair short," he said, "but I have to say, I actually prefer it this way."

Eleanor's eyes lit up at his response as she smiled up at him. "You mean that?"

"Yeah, I don't know what it is about it, but it suits you a lot. I mean...look at you. I just keep getting luckier, don't I?"

Realising that he still had a hold of her hair, Fred moved his hand to cup the side of her face and leaned in for a kiss, until Ginny cleared her throat to remind the couple that there were others in the room. However, Fred looked over his shoulder at them and told them to find somewhere else to be before he leaned in once more and kissed Eleanor.

But Ginny wasn't the only one willing to interrupt as Molly suddenly showed up. At the sight of her son kissing Eleanor, she didn't say anything but when Fred pulled away, she called Eleanor's name. The two froze for a second before Eleanor turned around with an apologetic look.