CHAPTER SIXTY

Fred practically strutted into the Great Hall, like a proud peacock, holding onto Eleanor's hand tightly as they manoeuvred through the crowds of students

Fred practically strutted into the Great Hall, like a proud peacock, holding onto Eleanor's hand tightly as they manoeuvred through the crowds of students. When they finally reached the dance floor, the Weird Sisters decided it was perfect timing to change the pace to another slow song, giving Fred the opportunity to draw Eleanor closer to him by the waist. After so much back and forth, no matter how fun it had been to tease each other, there was such an onset of relief to finally confess how he truly felt about her.

By the way they had confessed, it was obvious they could have admitted their feelings sooner, probably without any issues, however, Fred wouldn't have changed the exact moment for anything. Even if they had argued up until the very last moment, the kiss itself had been everything he could have asked for and more, especially for his first kiss. And not to pat himself on the back, but Eleanor hadn't stopped smiling since their kiss either.

"So," he began at one point, after they swayed in each other's embrace for a couple of minutes, "did you open your Christmas gift from your favourite Gryffindor?"

"Harry said we were exchanging gifts tomorrow- "

Eleanor let out a small giggle as Fred started tickling her over her cheeky answer. "Alright, alright, to answer your question truthfully, I did not open the gift you sent. But it was only because I was still upset with you at the time. I left it on my bed."

"That poor thing," Fred sighed, "I hope I put enough air holes so it could make it through the day- "

"You put a creature inside of a box?"

Her eyes widened drastically at the mention of there being something alive inside the box and in a total state of panic, Eleanor went to leave the dancefloor, only to be stopped by Fred grabbing her hand at the last second. As soon as she heard his laughter, she turned to him with a glare.

"Fred Weasley! That's not funny!"

"That's what you get for your cheeky comment from earlier," he grinned, "besides, do you really think I would put some poor animal in a box, knowing you were angry with me? I'd like to think I'm a bit smarter than that, Ellie."

"Yes, you'd like to think so, but that doesn't actually make it so- "

The song ended but Fred had yet to let Eleanor go as he continued to tickle her, but when she finally managed to tickle him back, he put such a space between them to avoid any further contact. Eleanor held her arms out as if she were asking for a hug, making it hard to resist, but he knew what she would end up doing if he got too close to her. However, as Eleanor stood there, something, or rather someone, seemed to catch her eye as she turned her head.

Fred followed her gaze to where she had spotted Ludo Bagman, who was asking Professor McGonagall to dance as another song started up. And completely forgetting their tickle fight, she made her way over to Fred and grabbed him gently by the front of his robes. She pulled him down so she could whisper into his ear over the music.