Trying not to seem like she's upset, the brunette replies, "I'm okay." It's quite as the connection is bad but then the familiar voice of Kari lights up the room.

"I miss you," she whispers. The teen can't help but feel bad as she fumbles around her confused brain to find something to reply with. However Kariann hasn't finished. "I'm getting better Karls. For you. Three days clean and counting- but only if you do the same."

It's emotional blackmail at its best: Karlie has no choice but not to agree, nodding before grinning slightly. "So how have you all been?"

"We're all good, it's been rough but we're getting there," Kimby replies as the oldest Kloss sibling pulls the twins in for a hug. Even from where she is, the model can feel their closeness, a small twinge of jealously creeping in. How she wishes she was there. "What about you?"

Pausing, the girl recalls the last month or so. "Well. I got a girlfriend- kind of. One of my best friends argued with me and then tried to kill herself. I...I took some stuff the other day, but before you say anything, I was drunk. Then the next night I slept with someone that isn't my girlfriend. So it's messed up."

Another long silence that broken by Kimby who always knew how to make news seem less... Exciting? Bad? "And that's how not to spend your time at boarding school in a England kids," she laughs, the other joining in although the teenager spies underlying worry on her older sisters face. Karlie feels distinctly better now, deciding it's safe to position the camera to show her face. So she does, sitting directly in front of it and smiling. It takes a moment for her to realise that no one else is smiling though. "What happened to your face?" Kari questioned.

Stuttering, Karlie walks to the mirror. "N..n..no idea," she mumbles.

"What's happening Karls?" Krissy demands, then adding to the twins- "go away for a minutes, I need to talk to Karlie." They seem to scamper away as she starts interrogating the runaway. "What the actual fuck is happening. You look like you've been cage fighting."

The teen glances at the door before starting to talk. It's hard- talking. The brunette had grown accustomed to bottling it all up and now she had the perfect opportunity to tell someone and the words didn't want to come out. "It's complicated. This school seems to be under the impression that I'm a complete slut and when I went into class today, this girl started on me. She pulled my hair back so I couldn't hurt her and insulted me. She's going to tell the whole school that I slept with eight boys while I was on the run which is so not true... And she said all the boys would love it... I'm scared Krissy!" Karlie finishes. "What happens if they want to do stuff?"

The oldest Kloss sister is boiling with rage. How is this allowed. This prestigious academy they're paying for is allowing this! "Tell someone Karlie. Tell someone or I'll ring the school."

Fear pours into the brunettes eyes. "I will. I'll go now. I'll ring you after I've done it."

"Go kiddo." With a half hearted kiss, Karlie hangs up. Walking out of the room and out into the moth corridor. She'll disappear for half an hour and the go and ring her sister back. Like the brunette would ever tell anyone , she quite likes being alive.

Karlie is walking with her head down along the art corridor when she almost crashes into someone, muttering a curse word under her breath before stealing an upwards glance. "I thought I'd told you about your language Karlie," the woman, blue eyes dancing, smiles. Her smiles droops when she notices the lack of happiness on the younger girls face however. "Do you wanna come to my office?" The blonde questions.

"Ok." Gone is the happiness that Taylor and Lily had heard at the hospital, replaced by loneliness and loss.

The pair are soon alone and the twenty two year old doesn't waste time in placing her lips on the seventeen year olds and kissing her passionately. It's deep and conveys a warmth the younger girl is craving so she pouts when Taylor leans away. They're on the sofa and the blonde is studying her lovers face. "What happened to your face?"

Now it's time to lie. "Oh... I don't even know. It was probably when I went out the other day," the teenager bluffs.

"I wanted to talk to you about that actually Karls," the older woman replies. "I'm still disappointed in you for that. It was irresponsible and you know you could've got hurt." Taylor voice is reproachful as she looks at her student carefully.

Lowering her eyes in shame at her rebellious actions, Karlie murmurs, "it won't happen again Tay. I promise." Placing the emphasis on promise, the student waits for a response, not daring to look in the older women's eyes for fear of feeling even worse. She only did it because she was angry and didn't have any other way to get rid of her frustrations.

An evil smirk had landed on the blondes face however her student can't see. "You know, you could always make it up to me," she grins silkily.

Finally raising her lashes, the teen hears the undertone to her teachers voice. "Could I now?" She questions.

"Yes," her stronger side coming out now, Taylor gives the girl some instructions. "Tonight at 11pm meet me in the gardening shed. It'll be unlocked and it's never used- only I have the keys so it will be safe. Wear black lingerie for me sunshine."

"O-ok," Karlie agrees.

"Perfect," now they sit in a content silence until the blonde breaks it with her teacher garbage. "You have to see Mr. Harris later."

"Really, you're still making me see Trashcan?" This causes the twenty two year old to burst into a fit of giggles at the ingenious name her sort of girlfriend has given the Scotsman. The brunette joins in as Taylor's giggle is infectious: a melodic sound much like her music. That reminds the teen,

"Tay, y'know you have that album? It would be really cool if I could listen to it," the brunette slides in, stopping the singers giggles in the middle of one loud peel. Her gorgeous blue eyes widen, making the teens heart flutter and start to glisten. A moment of heart pounding tension before a smile takes over the older girls face.

Getting up, the singer can't help but grin like an idiot, the one person that she wants to hear the album has asked. Her current muse, the girl that gave her the last bits of inspiration for this emotional album actually wants to listen to it. Finding the scared disk from its hiding place, she places it in her computer, handing the younger girl some headphones. "Just in case someone comes in," she explains, seeing her lovers confused face. Karlie shrugs, placing them in.

It's truly takes the brunettes breath away: State of Grace is a stunning song that hurts to listen to.

By the end of the haunting album, the student is on the verge of tears, some having slipped down her face already. Her voice quivering, she asks, "who were they about?"

"Jake Gyllenhall, Dianna... And you."

--------
Sorry for the wait guys.
I'm about three chapters ahead and it's gonna be explosive.
Stay tuned ....
Hope y'all like this ❤️