Chapter 1: ❃Hot Marshmallow Chocolate❃

The lingering aroma of cocoa made you remember when you were sitting at the table, happily waiting for your mother as she makes her special hot cocoa with marshmallows. You could hear her hum as she stirs the chocolate goodness in the small pot with a wooden spoon. You could still remember how it tasted on the cold winter season inside the warm cottage you used to live in..

(•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•)

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, awakening to the painful reality that you are in..now motherless, fatherless and homeless.

You felt a warm, damp cloth on your forehead and you found yourself lying down on a very soft couch, wrapped with layers of fuzzy blankets. "oh, you're finally up!" The familiar voice said with glee and relief.

You glanced beside you to where the voice came from and saw a woman standing in the kitchen just beside the living room you are in. The woman then walked over to you and took the damp cloth off your forehead and helped you up, offering you a warm mug of hot cocoa. "Here you go, sweetie. Hope this makes you feel better." she said as you shyly took the mug.

The scent almost resembles the time you had with your mother and you hadn't had any of it after being left in the orphanage without having the reason to why she left you.. You took small sips after blowing the steam off, the hot chocolate was sweeter and you could taste the milk in it. It was delicious, a small smile crept on your face and you heard the lady chuckle softly.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" she asked, sitting down beside you. You looked down, fiddling your thumbs while holding the mug. "I'm feeling better.." You mumbled, enough to be heard "I see, that's great! well- I am Cass, and you are welcome to stay over until we contact your pa-" "I have no one.." you cut her off before letting her finish her sentence, leaving her silent. "oh dear.. I'm sorry, I didn't know.." She consoled.

You took a deep breath and spoke in a melancholic tone. "My father died when I was at the age of 2.. my mother tried her hardest to raise me but next thing I knew.. she just left me with my uncle whose wife threw me to the orphanage after he died from a car accident.." You did your best to hold the tears that wanted to burst out, biting your lip to stop it, but your trembling hands blatantly show the pain you had endured.

Cass was silent for few minutes then sighed. "How about you stay with us?" She suggests, your eyes widen in surprise at the offer. "I have two nephews; One is about your age and the other is few years younger. They will love to have you stay with us." She said with a smile, you looked down and smiled and whispered a 'Thank you' to her. Without hesitation, you broke into tears of relief and joy"

(•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•) = (•-•)

(•-•)Hello! I am Baymax, your personal health care. You have successfully finished reading this chapter, Have a lollipop!