Chapter 14

We piled into Hunter's car, Hunter in the drivers seat with Leo riding shotgun and in the middle section of the car, me in the back with Connor to my left and Ryder to my right. I was unfortunately placed in the middle of the two because I was the smallest and it left more room for the two boys, whilst I was squished between them. Needless to say I wasn't in the most comfortable position. I told Hunter the address and he pulled off the curb and onto the road. Music, which I could only describe as 'hood music', was blasting through the speakers. There was swear words flying around every couple of lines in the song and if I'm honest I'd be lying if I said I hated the songs that were playing.

"Did you tell her we were coming with you?" Leo asked turning around from his spacious front seat to look at me.

"Nope. I thought I'd leave it as a surprise." I said shrugging as much as I could whilst being caught between the two boys.

"I'm sure she'll love it." Hunter said with a laugh. I joined him laughing, because I know full well that she's going to freak, which will be funny to watch I'm sure of it. We sat in silence for a minute or two until I felt someone pull lightly on my hair. I noticed it was Ryder because it was the right side of my head, and I looked up at him.

"What?" I said quietly so only he could hear me over the loud music.

"Do you dye your hair?" He asked looking down at me.

"No, why?"

"It's got different shades of brown in it." He said flatly, looking into my eyes. I realised how close our faces were and my stomach turned. He was too close for my liking, it was making me nervous and I don't even know why.

"Yeah I know. It just happens with the sun I guess."

"Kay." He replied before looking away and staring out the window. I felt myself breathe out a breath I didn't realise I was holding, when he looked away.

"Is this the one?" Hunter asked me from the drivers seat, looking at me through the rear view mirror. I looked out to the street and noticed we were sitting out the front of Libby's house.

"Yes. I'll go get her, can you move out of the way?" I asked Ryder. He sighed and rolled his eyes before opening the door and stepping out. I followed him out of the car and noticed that he stayed back and leaned on the side of the car. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Hopefully her parents don't answer because I don't think they'll allow her out with four boys. I waited for a minute until the door finally opened.

"Gosh, you took your sweet ass time getting here." She said looking at me with a disapproving look.

"It's not my fault, I got held up."

"By who?" she asked cocking her head to the side. I stepped to the side revealing the boys. Hunter had rolled down the windows and they were all looking out towards us. Libby straightened up and her head flicked towards me. "What the hell is going on?"

"I was at Ryder's house and they invited themselves. There was nothing I could do." I defended putting my hands up in surrender.

"Why were you at Ryder's house?" She asked me with a smirk and a cheeky eyebrow wiggle.

"We were vigorously making out in his bed and they barged into the room so we had an orgy. Please Libby, my mum was invited for coffee and he wasn't even originally supposed to be there."

She rolled her eyes at my sarcasm, "well, why are we wasting time? Hot boys await." She said walking past me and heading down towards the boys. I shook my head at my overexcited friend before following her down to the car.