Chapter Seventeen - Meddlesome Friends

Start from the beginning

"Didyou ever wonder what would happen if you'd been put in this situationyears ago?" Louis asked kicking his legs back and forth

"Whatdo you mean?" Harry asked looking to Louis who was looking out overthe ocean, the colour reflecting in his eyes making them somehow evenmore bright than usual.

"Well,if one of us had of said something to the other." He repliedlooking sideways at Harry for a moment with a small smile.

"Well,"Harry hummed and lowered himself to lay on the wood with his legsstill dangling over the side of the pier. "If you'd have told meyou liked me, i'm pretty sure I would have had a seizure." Harrylaughed. "How would you have told me? I know i'd planned a few waysi'd tell you"

"Ohyou had had you?" Louis grinned looking down at him as his eyebrowswiggling as he teased him. Harry felt a flush rise on his neck buttried to ignore it. "Actually i'd a few things planned."

"Yeah?"Harry asked. Louis lowered himself next to Harry and turned his headto look at him. Harry copied him and they smiled. "What were they?"

"So,year eleven for me, I was so sure I was going to ask you out, i'd puttogether a ambitious plan with Zayn which went as far as getting downon my knee in the cafeteria. I chickened out of that one when Iactually thought it through"

"I'dhave definitely passed out," Harry chuckled as Louis hooked his legwith Harry's still swinging between them,

"Iwonder how many people knew we liked each other but never saidanything." Louis hummed

"Prettymuch the whole school, Louis" Harry sighed still looking at Louis,his mouth quirked in a smile and he sighed.

"Ionce was walking straight over to you, this was before valentines dayin my last year there and nothing was going to stop me but then yousaw me and fell in the river? I was so shocked as Niall pulled youout that I didn't do it, I was going to ask you to go to the dancewith me but ended up going stag."

"Iwas going to ask you to that but I walked down the corridor towardsyou and I fell in the bin, Niall was pissing himself along with halfthe school so I kinda just hid in the loos after that." Harryrolled his eyes as Louis started laughing. "Would you actually havegotten down on one knee in the cafeteria?"

"Well,I thought people wouldn't appreciate it if I got down on both,"Louis winked and Harry laughed and shook his head with a sigh asLouis took Harry's hand slowly linking their fingers together.

"Whenyou didn't come back in my year eleven, I had like this week of beingjust so lost, Niall almost threw a book at my head" Harry sighedremembering the years Louis wasn't there.

"Awh," Louis grinned reaching up to play with Harryshair. "College was weird, not knowing anyone and always justwondering what everyone was up to. I thought about you quite a bit,there wasn't anyone there who I had half the sort of connection too,like, even though we'd not actually talked, it still felt like I knewyou... You know?"

"Yeah, that's how I felt too." Harry nodded andsmiled at Louis. They stayed silent for a few minutes simply watchingeach other in the sunlight until the heat got almost too intense.

"Fuck it's hot." Louis breathed out. "want to goin the sea?"

"Sure." Harry nodded knowing the sea would be niceand cool on their skin. Slowly they both stood up from the pier.Louis held out his hand and Harry was quick to hold it and link theirfingers as they walked down the beach, simply kicking at the shallowwater.

"What I don't get is why our friends are so meddlesomenow, but not when we were at school?" Louis hummed thoughtfully.

"Well during sixth form, we often had frees at thesame time so we'd hang out in the common room, but before that, wekind of had separate groups." Harry said.