t h r e e

t h r e e: fixing broken things

It had been two nights since... the incident. These past two days, and nights were torture for Elliot. While he and Quinn laid in the same bed, he could feel the tension between them. Whenever he would encase her in his olive colored arms she would get up to the bathroom or make an excuse for him not to touch her.

This brought Elliot to wonder: did Quinn really want to fix things between them? or was this some cruel act of hers? To give him hope that things would go back to normal, and then shatter that hope?

When this morning began, Quinn was cheery. She had woken him up with breakfast in bed and showered his face with kisses. Elliot wondered what caused the sudden change of her actions.

As he dug into the plate of eggs he noticed Quinn skip down the hauls, and he noticed that she got dressed. These past few days she would wear sweat pants and a sweater all day, but now... She was wearing a bright yellow flowery dress, that barely reached her mid thigh. She also straightened her natural curly hair so it was smooth and silky.

When Quinn came back into the room she had a bright smile on her face. Elliot raised a brow and set his plate on the dresser. "What's got you in such a cheery mood?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her small waist and looking down at her. Quinn pushed back her dark hair behind her ear and looked up at him, "I dunno..." she trailed off biting her lip as she ran her hands down his torso. "Just in a good mood I guess." She said before planting a kiss on Elliot's cheek and running out of their room.

Elliot followed to see what she had run off to do. He found her, standing on the tip of her toes, looking through the peep hole in their apartment door.

"Expecting someone?" Elliot asked with amusement. Quinn nodded frantically. Turning quickly to Elliot she squealed. "My best-friend from high school is coming over!" She exclaimed and did a little happy dance.

"Ahh," Elliot grinned, happy to see Quinn so happy for the first time in days. "What's her name?" He asked.

Quinn laughed, looking out the peep hole again. "She is not a She, She is a He." She laughed at how he assumed it was a girl. "And his name is Thomas." Elliot's grin faded.

"You invited a guy into our home?" Elliot frowned, his voice straining.

Quinn turned to Elliot with a straight face. "I need someone who is going to be there for me." She said crossing her arms. "In case you forgot you invited a girl into our home, and not just any girl, my best friend. So excuse me that Thomas is my last chance of sanity." She pointed out flatly before turning back to the peep hole.

Elliot's cheeks redden with embarrassment. He really hadn't thought about that. He broke her trust and ended a friendship of hers.

Quinn squealed and swung open the door to reveal a tall, god looking, man. Quinn threw herself into his arms laughing. "Thomas!" She giggled, the tall god looking man chuckled, wrapping his arms around her small figure.

After hugging, more squealing, and some rambling, Quinn finally invited him inside, locking the door behind them.

Elliot was anything but pleased, Quinn and Thomas walked past him, ignoring the sour faced man.

'I am so much more attractive then him.' Elliot thought to himself.

Keep telling yourself that buddy....