Chapter 1 - Semi Finals

Hi everyone this is my new book 'The Girl That Dreamed' I hope you enjoy it!! The song in the multimedia relates to this chapter. You will no when to play it :)

Joy's POV 

My heart started to pound harder. My palms became a little bit sweaty. Butterflies became constant in my belly. It was now the semi-finals of the xfactor and I was about to go on stage and fight for my spot in the finale. The big doors opened and the crowd went crazy! The Four judges seats were lit up and I could feel them watching every single move I was making. I started walking down the stage to the middle and stood there and took in one big deep breath before the music started playing. The next 3 minutes would determined if I could continue my dream, or just go home back to Brisbane where nothing happens. The backing track started to play and I started to sing.

“You think I'm pretty

Without any makeup on

You think I'm funny

When I tell the punchline wrong

I know you get me

So I let my walls come down, down

Before you met me

I was alright but things

Were kinda heavy

You brought me to life

Now every February

You'll be my Valentine, Valentine

Let's go all the way tonight

No regrets, just love

We can dance, until we die

You and I, will be young forever

You make me feel

Like I'm livin' a

Teenage dream

The way you turn me on

I can't sleep

Let's run away and

Don't ever look back,

My heart stops

When you look at me

Just one touch

Now baby I believe

This is real

So take a chance and

Don't ever look back,

Don't ever look back” I sang.

I kept on continuing the song putting so much emotion in it, just trying the feel my feelings which I had with my ex-boyfriend Jared. Like we had such an amazing 3 years together but suddenly he cheated on me with another girl. That was probably one of the worst feelings which I have ever felt and I tried to express it throughout my song.

“let you put your hands on me

In my skin-tight jeans

Be your teenage dream tonight” I finished the song. The whole crowd went crazy. The judges were standing up clapping and I just started to smile like crazy. However, at the same time a couple of tears started to escape from my eyes. I tried the wipe them away before anyone notice but it was too late.

“Honey whats wrong?” Mel B asked.

“That song just related to a particular person that use to be in my life” I said.