Chapter 24: Battle Cry

Começar do início

"Shall I give you a demonstration, whore?" I spat. I wielded one of my daggers and made my way towards Babylon. I stabbed her in the heart. "It feels like death." I yanked my dagger free and took a few steps back, getting in my fighting stance. Babylon wielded a red dagger as well. She thrust her right hand out and brought her weapon straight down on my forearm, dragging the knife down through my body. She went to stab me again, but I cross blocked it.

My left lower forearm blocked her punch, while my right hand grabbed her wrist. Grabbing her wrist with my left hand I circle the right, my rear foot in a clockwise motion causing my left hip to roll into her elbow. I used my hip to help bring her around. Reversing my left foot and hips back in a counterclockwise motion, I executed an outside wrist lock. And I used my leg to apply pressure to her elbow and twist her wrist to disarm the knife.

I kicked her legs from under her and kneed her in the face. Babylon rebounded and tackled me to the floor, landing punch after punch to my face. Shifting my body weight I pinned her to the ground and thrust my palm to her nose, breaking the bone in the process. I reached for my other dagger and was ready to strike when Jackson pulled me off of her. "Let me go, Jackson!"

"No, I won't let you kill her!!!" He yelled back at me. I screamed as a sharp pain erupted from my side. I pulled the dagger out and fell. Babylon gripped her dagger and put it to my throat. Jackson took out his sword and beheaded Babylon. "I said I won't let you kill her, because I wanted to." He smirked.

Baldassare screamed, and I lunged for him as he commanded his army to attack. The war was on. The Holy Scepter appeared in my hand and I blasted it to the right, where a group of demons were charging at me. Baldassare faded into the massive crowd; all that could be heard was his laughter. A blur zipped passed me hitting me in the face. It flew by again and knocked me to the floor.

I gripped the scepter and stood to my feet. Baldassare popped up behind me. I swung my arm, but he caught it, flipped me over his shoulder, slamming me to the ground. The air was knocked out of me. I crawled away, but he bent down in front of me. With my dagger ready I sliced Baldassare in the face. He hissed and kick me 3 feet away.

I sliced my way through the crowd, killing each and every demon that came in contact with my blade. I backed up into JB. "Oops! Mianhae!" I chuckled.

"Need some help?" He asked me.

"You know me so well." We took those demons out in a heartbeat. "Mind giving me a lift?" I pointed to a 15ft. giant approaching Junior. JB swung me by the arm and leg. I landed on the Giants back. It tried to shake me off, but I dug my daggers into its shoulder blades. My hand lost its grip on one of the daggers. The Holy Scepter appeared and I descended the giant.

"You're a life saver!" Junior panted. 6 more giants surrounded us.

"Junior, what's with you and these giants?"

"What can I say? Even the demons find me attractive!" He winked.

"Issues" I joked! Fēi broke through the circle and easily descended 2 giants. "Gosh, you're amazing!" I beamed at her.

"I'll help Junior. You just keep my nephew safe." Before I could ask her how she knew it was a boy she was already fighting off a giant with Junior. I was glad to see Jackson and his parents reconciled and fighting along side one another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've been fighting for 6 hours and we've yet to break their defenses. I was facing off with a shadow demon when everything went silent. I took that as my opportunity to descend it with the Holy Scepter.