Girl Meets First Day

Chapter 2

Logan's pov

First day of school.

First day of jail.

First day I get my new schedule.

First day I get lost.

First day I find out who my bullies are.

So many first, all terrible.

I sighed looking at my schedule. Everyone was so tall, I was so short and awkward. I heard people whispering about me as I walked by.

Did I do something?

The lockers, mine was the top. They are all for tall people. Hello? What about 4ft 8in people!? Sorry for being short!

I sighed and decided to skip my locker. Instead I went to my first period class, history. The subject I suck most at, and right in the morning. Man can this day get any better?!

I handed my teacher my slip for transferring.

"Ms. Zimmer." he read off and I nodded. "Nice grades, have a seat." he complimented, then motioned me by Riley, the girl from the subway.

"Hey I knew we'd see you again!" she smiled, then turned to her friends. "Didn't I say we'd see her again? I'm pretty sure we're seeing her again, so I was right!" she told them and they nodded and smiled.

"Man I'm sick one day and I already miss so much." the boy behind me said.

"Logan this is Zay." Lucas introduced me.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey." he said.

"Well Logan, this will be your favorite class of the day. But then again you will hate it because he actually gives out work." Maya told me and leaned back in her seat. Then the bell rang.

"Ok then." I said and I had out my notebook.

"Why the notebook?" Farkle asked.

"For notes?" I told him, but also questioned it.

"You don't need to take notes, just ears to listen." he told me.

"Cool." I said and Riley smacked my note book off the desk. Mr. Matthews gave her a weird look.

"Can I start?" he asked.

"Yes daddy you may." Riley said. Daddy!? This just got interesting.

"Thank you. Today we will be learning about families. Some of the families impacted history because of their backstories, but others helped. How so?" he asked and I sat quietly.

He's asking me about families?

That's the last thing you should I ask me about, considering my life.

Lucas raised his hand.

"Mr. Friar?" he called on.

"They supported and loved them, making some of them do the right thing." he answered.

"But was it their blood related family?" Mr. Matthews asked and Riley raised her hand.

"No it could've been anyone." she answered after he called on her.

"Why?" he asked and Maya raised her hand.

"Ms. Hart?" he called on. Wow, I'm actually paying attention to this.

"Blood doesn't make a family, love does." she told him and he nodded.

"I wish." I whispered under my breath and they turned to me.