"Matthew Tyler Oakley I am disappointed," She let a little chuckle escape her lips before carrying on.
"Please tell me more."

I carried on the conversation telling her about Steele's fiance being pregnant and how they announced it.

"This is what Sage told me about that day so sorry if it isn't detailed. So Steele came back from Melbourne, he came into the house and said something along the lines of 'it's so hard being pregnant'. Everyone was confused so Tyde asked him how would he know, Steele's answer was a plain simple 'I mean I'm not pregnant but I did get someone pregnant'. So yeah, that happened." I let out a loud breath after finishing the story.

"Oh I'm so happy for them!" My mum's loud voice rang through my ears.

It was getting late and I felt like all life was drained from me due to the animated conversation we had, but I felt as if I had to tell her one more thing.

"So is this all for today Ty?"

"Actually I have one more thing to say." She let out a soft hum waiting for me to continue.
"Well... do you remember Troye?..."

"Oh my gosh! Troye! Is he back!?" I laughed at my mums enthusiasm.

"Yeah."

"Ty is everything alright?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" My head tilted slightly in confusion.

"It's just that you sound so... so... so disappointed. Are you still made about him leaving?" As much as I wanted to say she was wrong, I couldn't.

"It's just... I don't know! We hung out today and it seemed so weird. One minute it's all awkward and then it's just like nothing bad ever happened. And there... is something else..." My voice was shaky and I was on the verge of crying.

"What is it?" Concern flooded her voice and I just wanted to hug her tight, I wanted to finally feel loved again.

"I...I... I wanted to... never mind." I didn't know what I wanted to say, what did I really want? What was I going to tell her? Why does my heart ached every time I think about it?

I stopped my train of thoughts as my mum finally spoke.
"I don't want to pressure you into saying anything. Just know that I will always listen, and I will never, EVER, judge you."

"Thank you. "

"Now I better get going. Hug the Mellet family for me, also tell your father I love him."

"Sure." My stomach began to ache at the thought of talking to my father, even worse I would have to say the word 'love' to him.

"Bye sweetie."

"Bye."

The line went silent.

Slowly I walked to the kitchen, forcefully I opened the fridge looking around for anything I could eat. The only food I could find was leftover chicken.

"What should I choose? Is the answer gonna be chicken, or is it gonna be chicken?" I pulled the plate out of the fridge and put it into the microwave. As the food was being heated up I grabbed a glass and poured some apple juice into it.

The front doors opened, my father's slouched body entered the house. An angry sigh left his lips as he forcefully slammed the doors shut.

He made his way into the kitchen. Angrily he opened the fridge, he let out a loud huff as he saw the lack of food.

"You're going shopping tomorrow." I didn't reply.
"You hear me?!" I nodded as I opened the microwave to get the warm food.

My father simply opened the treats cabinet and pulled out a chocolate bar out of it.