Chapter 6

Tyler's POV
----
As soon as the doors were locked I let out a loud sigh. Today was so weird, one second it's awkward, then it's all emotional and then we just acted like none of it happened. What was the weirdest thing that happened though was when we sat on that bench. I just wanted to cuddle with Troye but I knew that that would be crossing the line, that's why I pretended to act tired, I mean for crying out loud it wasn't even five yet! However he seemed pretty convinced with my fake yawns.

I made my way to the living room, my feet shuffled across the burnt sienna floorboards. When I reached the couch, I sat down and reached for the tv remote. The tv came alive with the press of one button, and I sat there, I sat there for hours, mind as blank as a white piece of paper.

Three hours into my tv marathon I was beginning to doze off. My eyesight was blurry and my head gradually became heavy, I would have fallen asleep if it wasn't for the abrupt noise coming from the pocket of my jacket.

Hastily I jumped off of the couch and walked over to the coat hanger where the noise was coming from. I reached out for my coat, after struggling for minutes to find the pocket where my phone was the ringing stopped. I was still determined to get my phone out of the stupid pocket so I aggressively touched the coat, pressing down harshly trying to find the phone.

After finally feeling the phone through the fabric is realised it fell through a hole inside the right inside pocket.

"That's one massive hole for a whole phone to fall through," I mumbled reaching for the phone inside the pocket.

After I pulled the phone out I unlocked my screen to see three text messages and one missed call from my mum. I read the three brief texts.

'Hi Ty. Mind if I call you now? I have something important to say and I don't feel text is the best way to say it'
'Ty are you there? I'm gonna call when my shift ends'
'You haven't answered my call. Are you okay honey? Call me when you have the time. I love you Ty <3'

Without a second doubt I clicked the call button. I felt anxious with every passing second that my mum didn't pick up.

"Ty?" My mum's soft voice sounded from the other line.

"Hi mum." My body tensed at the awkward tension between us. This never usually happened when we talked, but today something was different and wrong.

"Ty," a loud sigh left her lips before she started again.
"I have something to tell you, it's something I really don't want to say..." I didn't realise I was biting down harshly on my bottom lip until I felt a slightly metalic liquid on my tongue. I stopped bitting down only to clench my jaw.

"Mum... what is it?" There was silence between the two of us.
"Mum, just tell me, say anything."

"They want me to stay back." A single tear fell down my face when I understood what she was talking about.

"How long?" She stayed silent for a while. It was only a minute later that she let out a shaky breath.

"Two months. I'm so sorry Ty. I know I promised to be back for your birthday but I don't have a choice, Charlie is firing people who don't stay."

"I understand."

"I love you so much Ty. I'll make up for this when I get back."

After the news were out of the way we started having a conversation trying to catch up with the time apart. I told her about Sage's wild 'sleepover' where we sneaked out of the house to a mutual friends party only to find out it was in a strip club.