Chapter Thirty Two - Have I Told You (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

I quickly scanned the racks around us, looking for dark clothing. There's no way they had the expensive jackets Jace wore... My eyes fell on a rack of cardigans and I grinned. Bingo.

I quickly shuffled towards them and searched for one that would fit Jace. Seeing so many different sizes, I grew unsure. What if the one I choose doesn't fit? I mean, his muscles had grown a lot since the last time I had seen them in the library...

Then I laid my eyes on one which was a lighter material than the others, a bit darker in color; a full sleeved cardigan that would perfectly go with Jace's white V-neck shirt. My grin returned as I took it out the hanger and walked towards Jace. I hadn't even properly seen the pants he was wearing. They were black ripped skinny jeans which fit him very well. He was standing, holding the green dress and his back was towards me. I took the chance.

I put the cardigan over his shoulders and surprised, Jace turned towards me.

'What's this?' he asked pulling the cloth from behind him and holding it in front, and examining it.

'It's a cardigan!' I grinned, excited at my perfect find. 'For you. You can buy it now and I'll pay you back at the hotel.'

Jace rolled his eyes 'You don't have to pay me back,' I rolled my eyes 'Hey, I'm a feminist, you know? You don't have to be such a gentleman...' Or I might fall for you. 'And I'm a friend, you know?' He retorted, shutting my mouth for good.

He put his hands through the sleeves and I clasped my own hands in anticipation. A perfect fit! I tried not to stare at him. This style suited him so much! I bit my lip and turned towards the cash counter. 'You look good,' I said. Jace put a hand on my shoulder, making me look back at him. 'Thanks for choosing this,' he was grinning and I felt happiness at the fact that it was because of me.

We quickly paid Sunglasses Dude; we wanted to get out of there fast but before we left, he dropped two small puzzle keychains into the back. Jace raised an eyebrow in question. 'It's the offer. You buy any branded dress over $100 and you get a pair of couple keychains free.' Sunglasses Dude grinned. 'It's actually cause prom dresses are bought for dates and-'

'WHAT?!' I shrieked and Jace jumped from beside me.

'How much is this dress?' I held up the bag to Sunglasses Dude and he gulped 'Uh, it's- it's- you're scaring me! Gosh, it's a hundred-'

'Allyn, the keychains are so cute, now let's go, we're getting late.' Jace grabbed my hand and tried to pull me out. I didn't budge, using my wolf strength, but I had to stop my knees from going weak when Jace's skin touched mine.

'Jace,' I looked at him 'There's no way we're buying this! It's too expensive!' Idiot, why didn't I think of this when I tried it on? There was no price tag but still, I should have realized! Jace shrugged and I narrowed my eyes at him. And this boy, he even already paid without a care!

'Are you done? Shall we go?' Jace was so casual, I almost threw the bag at him.

'Jace, I am returning this, and thank you for buying it for me but this is simply too much money and even friends don't do this-'

Jace rolled his eyes and with a swift motion, gently grabbed the bag from my hand, before I could hold on tight, and turned his back, already walking towards the exit. He even waved his hand, as a goodbye to Sunglasses Dude.

'Jace!' I cried out as I quickly walked behind him and caught his shoulder. Before I could even hold on, he turned around and I bumped into his chest. Moaning, I took a step back, rubbing my nose and glared at him. 'Allyn, you liked that dress, didn't you?' he asked, slowly.