"I'm guessing that's what the trident is for then?" David asked.

Ashton nodded, glancing at Luke who was munching on a piece of bacon.

"Because I know Calum will be safe with you boys, and as long as he visits as much as possible...then I accept that decision, only if he does too."

Ashton smiled widely. "Really?" Joy and David nodded and Ashton hugged them again. "Where is he?" Ashton asked.

"He went down to the shops to get milk not that long ago." Joy said.

Ashton hugged his parents one more time and kissed their cheeks before dragging Luke out of the kitchen and the house.

He left the trident and crown out the front of their house and left with Luke down the street.

As they walked down through the town, Luke grabbed Ashton's hand and smiled when Ashton squeezed his hand.

"So are we boyfriends then?" Ashton asked.

"Do you want to be?" Luke asked.

"I do."

"Then I guess we're boyfriends, boyfriend." Luke leaned over and kissed Ashton's cheek. Ashton blushed and giggled, looking at Luke.

"Oh, Calum's just there." Luke said, smiling and pointing to Calum who was crossing the road with his phone in hand and eyes locked on the tiny screen.

Ashton's eyes widened as he noticed a sheep truck coming down this road. "Calum!" He called out desperately.

Calum looked up at the sound of his name being called and looked at Ashton and Luke, waving at them.

Ashton was now running towards him, as the truck got closer. "No, Calum. Fucking move!" He shouted, shaking his head. "There's a truck."

Calum turned and gasped as the truck got closer, quickly trying to run out of the way but was too late when the truck honked loudly and tried to slow down but hit Calum.

"Oh my god." Ashton shook his head as the truck kept driving and Calum was laying lifelessly on the road.

"Calum no, please no." He screamed, kneeling down beside his brother and grimacing at the blood everywhere.

Luke came running over, looking out for more cars or trucks or other vehicles. "Calum, please." Ashton sobbed when he realized Calum wasn't breathing. He shook his head, tears streaming down his red cheeks.

"We have to...oh god I can't- Luke." Ashton cried, shaking his head.

Luke kneeled down and let Ashton latch onto him, crying.

They stayed like that in the middle of the road for at least five minutes, before Ashton gasped and looked up at Luke.

"Michael!" He exclaimed.

"What?" Luke asked, moving Ashton's hair out of his face.

"H-he has healing p-powers r-right?" Ashton hiccupped.

Luke's face fell and he shook his head, biting his lip. "Ash, I don't- He's never had to bring someone back to life...not an actual human. He's only cured pain and brought small animals back to life." Luke explained sadly.

Ashton sniffled, shaking his head.

"What do we have to lose Luke? He's dead, my brother is dead and Michael is our only hope to bring him back." He cried.

Luke knew Ashton was right.

"How are we even going to get him that far into the ocean?"

Ashton was quiet for a few moments, biting his lip.

"The trident."

"Huh?"

"W-we turn h-him into a merman and then i-it will b-be easier t-to t-take him into the o-ocean." Ashton explained.

Luke bit his lip, not really sure of Ashton's idea but then Ashton's words rang through his mind again.

'What do we have to lose Luke? He's dead, my brother is dead and Michael is our only hope to bring him back.'

Luke sighed, standing up. "I'll carry him." He whispered, picking up Calum's dead body and rushing home with Ashton, biting his lip to hold in his tears, to stay strong for his boyfriend.

Luke didn't know how this would work out, Michael's never had to heal something so...big and complicated. He also knew that if this didn't work, Michael would be a mess as well as Ashton and two kings who are not in the right state of mind is probably not a god idea.

But, he knew Ashton was counting on Michael and Luke to get his 'brother' back and Luke wanted to make him happy.

He'd do anything to make Ashton happy and he had small hope for Michael, He knew Michael was strong and hopefully strong enough for something like this. 

-------

I feel like this book has gone to shit...oh well ahaha 

not many chapters to go...probably like three or something.