Chap 43: <3 to <3

Start from the beginning

The floor below us is hardwood, with beautiful and elegant decorations. Big blue curtains hang on the walls covering the large windows. A sofa bed laid side by side, a huge flat screen TV was plastered on the wall, with framed cross stich ballet dancers and quotes. It surprisingly gives a homey feeling that I haven't felt back in the palace. Harry then led me to the balcony with fresh flowers hanging on the edges. He drops down to one of the comfy seats along the wall, and waves for me to sit down beside him. I set my bag down then took a seat beside him.

"Why are we here Harry? And whose mansion is this?" I asked him as we gazed on the stars. He turned his head to look at me and I took the chance to examine his eyes. His eyes. Oh. They are amazing. Hazel green that makes me want to pluck it out of his eyes, not in an icky way. I didn't realize that my heart skipped a few beats while looking at him.

He took a deep breath. "We are at my other house, Aynie."

"Other house? What do you mean?" I quizzed, totally confused.

"Do you know who I am Aynie?"

"A jerk." is he serious? Is this his ego talking again? He needed to know that though.

He chuckled but then he looked dead serious again. He then went back to looking at the stars above us.

"I'm a Prince of a million people Aynie. I was trained and taught on how to be a leader. But my parents and Grandmere, prepared this house for me". He explained. "They were worried that one day, I might just burst and run away from all the drama. Being a prince is hard, Aynie. I am being threatened every day of my life since I was crowned. My parents, they also prepared this house for me just in case that one day, I want to run away from the palace for good, I have a place to stay. They can't leave with me because they have obligations."

"But, you can't be dethroned Harry. You're the only successor." Thump. Thump. My heart suddenly ached at the thought of Harry leaving. But stubborn as I am, I tried to ignore it.

"I have a cousin in the States. Their family never tried to claim the crown, saying that they want a normal life. If I leave, then my cousin doesn't have a choice but to take my place." I changed my mind about Harry for a little bit. Guilt is surely knocking on my door. "I have always been perceived as the bad guy. The media identifies me as a womanizer Aynie. They like to judge me. But they don't know the real me."

Now guilt is not just knocking, it's already eating me alive. Looking at a vulnerable Harry breaks my heart. He looks like he's about to cry.

"Sometimes I just want to run away. Find a happy ending. But I know that nobody is capable of loving me". Thump.

Me. I'm here Harry.

What? Where did that come from? No.

It suddenly dawned to me like a freaking spotlight.

No. I like Oliver. Harry is..... Harry is just... my husband in paper.

Before I knew it, I slapped myself.

Harry turned his head again at me then brought his right hand to my cheeks. Stupid. Why the smurf did you slap yourself?!

"Are you okay? Why did you do that?" He asked with concern. His eyes burned through my soul again. I didn't notice it before but whenever Harry speaks to me, his eyes looked gentle even though his action and words say otherwise.

"Uh... nothing. I, uhh... suddenly felt itchy." Good save idiot.

Harry chuckled, his dimples showing giving my heart another thump.

What's wrong with my heart today?! It's playing tricks on me.

"You're weird Aynie."

"But, you wouldn't think of leaving, right?" What? What am I asking? Shouldn't I be happy if we get separated?

"I probably would, Aynie. Being a Prince is tiresome."

"If you would be given a chance to do something you want Harry, what would it be?"

"I just want my girl to be happy. Even if that means that I should be out of the picture"

a/n you guys are absolutely amazing!

500,000+ reads! i'm beyond happy for all your comments and posts on my wall! 

i did my best in this one tho it is short. I lacked inspiration you know. haha. 

love you guys!

i will update soon!

btw, follow me on instagram! at jordannelovesfood