Wesley The Teenage Witch - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 is here, hope you like how I've included some old characters :D

Chapter 2

I spent my last day before school started painting my room black, once it was dry putting up posters, unpacking my many boxes and clothes, and finished the night depressively eating junk food in bed. I'd called Aiden several times that night but each time he didn't answer.

Annoyed and tired after my day's work I'd gone to bed early but couldn't sleep knowing a new school awaited me the next day.

I sat up, still sleepy, reluctantly got out of bed and headed downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen making French toast; I grabbed a slice from the already cooked stack, eating it as I walked towards my laptop which I'd left on the kitchen table. I sat on the chair and checked my email and Facebook. Nothing. Not one message from my friends or from Aiden.

I huffed and my mother came to my side.

"What's wrong?" she said as she ran her fingers through my long dark curls. I loved when she did that.

"I've been gone less than two days and everyone seems to have forgotten me already."

She sat on the chair beside me her blue eyes looking at me kindly. "Exactly, it's only been two days. Everyone is starting school today, I bet they just have a lot on their minds and I'm sure they will call you later to ask about your first day." She kissed my forehead and headed back to the stove.

I ate the rest of my toast in silence, said a quick hello to my dad, before heading back upstairs. I decided to have a shower. The water felt nice and relaxed my lumpy shoulders but I was sick of this place already. I hated the eerie old Victorian house and the boring town, my aunt's cat was creepy – it stared at me far too much. I missed my friends but most of all, I missed my boyfriend.

I wrapped myself in a towel and headed back to my room. I laughed to myself; my dark room seemed out of place in the light wooden Victorian house. This I was proud of.

I sat on the edge of my unmade bed and picked up my phone from the floor. I dialled in Aiden's number and waited but he didn't answer. I tried again but still only his voicemail. It was only seven, knowing Aiden he was probably still sleeping. I decided to get ready and try again later.

I dressed slowly, scanning my wardrobe longer than was necessary. I finally chose my faded black skinny jeans and off the shoulder slouchy black sweater. I finished with Aiden's dog tag necklace, a few chunky rings and bangles. I put on my usual heavy make-up and lazily dried my hair for a tousled messy look.

Once dressed, I made my bed and put on my cherry red Dr Martens which I'd left underneath it. This also added some colour to my outfit.

My dad drove me to school on his way to work. I didn't speak to him the whole car ride there.

I approached the school building with pure disgust. How could they do this to me? However, I was going to be brave, I was Wesley Kinkle; this was not going to defeat me. After all it was only a first day of school and I'd done this before, I was only in a different state, it was not really something to be so freaked out about or overly excited about either. Sure new faces to deal with but other than that, it was just another high school.

I walked into the secretary's office and tried to smile. The woman absentmindedly gave me my paperwork barely looking at me, it was clear I was only one of the many new students here.

It was now almost time for class and back in the hallway I passed many people but paid no attention to them. I searched for my locker, right now this was the only thing on my mind. I didn't want to be late for first period. I walked so close to the lockers my arm brushed against them. As I glanced down at the paper for my number I felt something smash into my face. I fell backwards my butt hitting the floor hard and my head instantly throbbing. I automatically covered my forehead with my hand, I could feel the ache.