Prologue

Prologue

In the year 1815, their were a bunch of prisoners in Tail-Too-Long Prison. Some were cooking, some were sleeping, some were pulling wagons, and some were beating each other up. Right now we are focusing on the group pulling wagons full of rocks. Why? Because there is someone in that group that is about to have her life changed.

When the bell rung that meant that work time was over. As all the prisoners were lining up to go back inside the prison, one was stopped by Inspector Applejack. “Get the flag,” she told the prisoner. Inspector Applejack was the meanest most unforgiving Inspector there was. She never thought one prisoner could change their life of crime.

The prisoner looked up. The prisoner turned around and used her unicorn horn to live the very heavy Equestrian flag. This prisoner was the strongest in all of the prison. She lifted the flag up and dropped it in front of Inspector Applejack.

“Now prisoner 24601,” the Inspector started talking to the prisoner, “your time is up and your paroles begun. Now what does that mean?”

The prisoner looked up and smiled. “It means I'm free,” the prisoner answered still smiling.

Inspector Applejack roller her eyes. “Now here,” she said giving the prisoner a piece of paper. “This paper warns that you're a dangerous man.”

The prisoner's smile faded. “But,” the prisoner said, “I just stole a loaf of bread. I didn't kill anybody.” Inspector Applejack rolled her eyes again. “I had to steal the bread! My nephew was about to die! We was starving,” she muttered.

“You will starve again,” Inspector Applejack told her. “Unless you learn the meaning of the law.”

“I know the meaning,” the prisoner told Inspector. “I know, I've been a prisoner for 19 years.”

“You only needed five years,” Inspector said. “But you tried to escape so many times you stayed in here longer. Yes, 24601.”

The prisoner looked annoyed. “My name is Twilight Sparkle,” the prisoner said.

“And I'm Applejack,” Inspector told her. “Do not forget that.”

Twilight looked at Inspector. They had a stare down. Finally Twilight left and fled the Prison. She was free. She needed to find work as soon as possible. She went to the closest town. She tried to find work in four different places, they all turned him down. They all knew he was a prisoner because of his paper.

Twilight then found a really big Cathedral in the town of Ding-Dong. There was a little bed of hay around the back of the Cathedral. That is where she laid down to rest.

“What are you doing here?” a voice asked. Twilight then quickly jumped up. She saw a tall, midnight blue alicorn in front of her. Twilight got up to run out, but the alicorn said, “Why are you in here, when you could be inside having dinner?”

Twilight didn't understand. Did this alicorn not know who she was? She then followed the alicorn inside, Twilight guessed that the alicorn was the bishop. They sat down to eat. When the food was passed out Twilight hadn't eaten a good meal in almost 20 years. So she dove right into the food. The alicorn bishop and the old women beside him watched Twilight. “What is your name, Monsieur?” the alicorn bishop asked. “I'm Luna, Bishop of Ding-Dong.”

Twilight swallowed her food. “I'm Twilight Sparkle,” she answered hoping that the bishop wouldn't know who she was.

The bishop then got up. She stood behind Twilight, and put her wing on her shoulder as if to hug her. “Welcome, Twilight. Welcome,” the bishop welcomed her with a smile. “We have a bed for you.”

Twilight looked up from her food to face the bishop. “You do?” she asked not believing what she was saying.

The bishop laughed a bit. “Yes, of course,” she answered. “Come with me.”

Twilight then got up from the table. She followed the bishop into a room. There were two beds in there, one for the bishop and one for her. She got into bed, and even though it was the most comfortable thing ever, she couldn't sleep.

She sat upright in the night and saw a cabinet next to where Bishop Luna was sleeping. Twilight, again, let the greed get the best of her. She got out of bed and went over to the cabinet. Inside was all the bishop's silver plates, forks, knives, spoons, and chalices. Twilight quietly opened it with her magic and cleared the cabinet. She ran out of the Cathedral and fled town.

* * *

The next morning there was a knock on the bishop's door. Bishop Luna opened it and saw two local police men. “Monseigneur, we have your silver,” one of the police men. He then kicked the horse behind him. That horse was Twilight Sparkle. “He lied and said you gave him this.”

Twilight looked down, she couldn't face the bishop in the eye. Bishop Luna went over to them. “That is right,” she told them. Everyone in the room couldn't believe what the bishop was saying. Bishop Luna then bent down to Twilight. “My friend, you left so early. You forgot these. Would you leave the best behind?” the bishop asked taking his silver candlesticks off his dinning room table. She then gave them to Twilight. “You can release him. I command you for your duty, and God's blessing go with you.”

The police men looked at each other. They then let Twilight off her chains, and left. Twilight was still looking down. When she looked up the bishop told her, “Now remember this, my brother. Seeing this as some sort of plan, you will use all this silver to become an honest man. I have saved you out of darkness, I have saved your soul for God.”

Twilight nodded without saying a word. She then got up with the bag full of silver and the candlesticks, and went out to the garden that overlooked a stream. Twilight then started talking to herself. “What have I done? I am reaching, but I fall. Now the night is closing in. As I stare into he void, of the whirlpool of my sin,” she told herself.

She then took her paper out. She stared at it long and hard. As she stared she got angrier and angrier. “I'll escape now from that world. From the world of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle is nothing now! Another story must begin!” she yelled as she blasted her paper with her unicorn magic. It bursted into nothing. As she said, another story must begin.