Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

I let out a shaky breath. "I... don't know, Master." I told him honestly. "What do you have in mind?"

"You're going to answer some questions of mine later." Verin told me firmly. "But for now, I'm going to take her to Uphir and you're going to stay here."

"I'm not leaving her by herself with that... Man." I told Verin, firmly even though I was shaking like a leaf. I had just realized how stupid I had been acting for nearly twenty minutes or so. I had stood up to Verin too much and sort of ignored him at the same time. I dreaded what kind of questions he would ask of me if he remembers to ask them.

If anyone had asked me that I'd be shaking in my fur to a demon nearly a month or so ago, I would of laughed at that person's face. I would admit how strange it was to go from strong confidence to nothing within a months time but I had never faced anything like the Underworld's torture. I regretted letting myself give in at the time but there was no point in dwelling on it further. I shook my head to rid of my thoughts.

"You should be resting here." Verin said, gaze turning to a dark blue to show how furious he was for me not obeying so easily. "I don't want your injuries to worsen by moving around."

"Master, please?" I asked, lowering my gaze as my plea was quiet. "She's from my pack and I want to make sure she stays safer than she already is. Her brother is my best friend and honestly, if he finds out she's been harmed than no one will be safe again."

"I doubt that." Verin said, easily brushing off my warning about Accalia being harmed would cause problems in the Underworld. "But if you come along, be careful of your wounds as there will be payment for coming along and being disobedient."

I let out a shaky breath at the disobedient part and payment. I'm still going to recieve punishment? Torture? I thought, frightened but willing to accept it. After a moment, I gave him a firm nod and answered as strongly as I could with a, "Okay."

"Then come." Verin said, seeming a bit calmer now. "You keep that bitch next to you but you're going to follow me closely, do you understand?"

I nodded quickly. "Yes, Master." I glanced down at Accalia, who glared at me despite the confusion that flickered in her gaze. She had not took bitch to offense which I was glad for. She must of been called it a lot since meeting Verin and decided not to give him a response this time. I nodded towards her. "Follow me closely and do not leave my side." I warned her as if she was a child.

Accalia got up and shoved me. "Don't tell me what to do." She muttered but still glowered at me.

I simply raised my eyebrows at her, not moving from where I was until I got the reponse that I wanted. I stood there until she sighed, nodding. I made a small chuckle before patting her back. Finally, I faced towards Verin and gave him a nod, waiting for him to show the way.

Verin's gaze flickered between me and her. His eyes seemed to darken with an emotion that I didn't understand before he waved me on. For once, he simply stormed out of the room instead of yelling insults and demands. His hands were in fists though as if he did wanted to punch something. Bewildered, I quickly hurried after him. I was nearly at his heels and Accalia was at mine, easily.

I had not bothered to check the walls and the environment around me. I should care but the only thing that my gaze seemed to care about was the back of Verin's head. Why is he so angry? I thought, confused. Was he really that mad at me for saying his name or being disobedient?

I felt even more stupid. Of course, he was! I let out a small sigh and made sure Accalia stayed behind me as I went along with Verin for the walk to where Uphir was. My stitches tugged and pulled as we walked but I had not cared. I need to keep her safe and find out who was with her. I do not know many females that can stand Accalia enough to be partner up with her in a search in anything so I was curious of who it was.