“I---“ he was cut off by a knock on the door.

          Cole went to open the door and Chris stormed in looking upset.

“Can I help you?” Cole asked.

“You, you did this on purpose! “Chris yelled at Cole and I looked between them confused.

”Chris calm down---“

“You shut up!” he hissed at me and I saw Cole start to tense up and I shook my head at him.

“Don’t speak to my mate like that,” Cole tried to say calmly as he was shaking.

“Your mate!” Chris seemed infuriated at the word.

“Cole can you give us a minute?” I asked and Cole shook his head.

“Please,” I pleaded.

          Cole grunted and slammed the door behind him.

“Wh---,” I started.

“Cole isn’t your mate, Dex is,” Chris said shaking.

“Dex didn’t want me,” I admitted to him.

“Everyone wants there mate,” Chris hissed.

“Cole is my mate,” I said calmly.

“Dex is your true mate---“Chris growled.

“Cole is my true mate,” I said to him.

“You bitch!” I heard a growl from outside the door and Cole ripped the door off its hinges and growled.

          I could see his muscles transforming and his clothes ripping. He was going to be a wolf any second.

“I suggest you walk away very slowly,” I said to my Alpha.

“And I suggest you know your place before I show it to you,” he growled that set Cole over the edge as he went full wolf and attacked Chris.

          Chris was fast though and changed before Cole could pin him. I froze at the sight of my mate and Alpha fighting in my room. I saw Cole’s midnight wolf bite down on Chris’s hind leg. Chris howled in pain and I held my sensitive ears. I heard a loud snap as Chris still tried to get the upper hand on Cole. I whimpered and Cole automatically looked up at me and lost his advantage as Chris bit down on his back and Cole let out a howl of pain. I had tears in my eyes as Cole limped away. I don’t know what happened but I felt like something took over my body and I went wolf and lunged at Chris and he flew through my wall. I growled loudly at him and Cole walked to my side you could tell he was hurt and I whimpered again. Something was wrong with me I couldn’t control my wolf as it attacked Chris’s retreating wolf I snapped my jaws at his neck and he swiftly moved from me and shifted back. I growled still in defense mode. I groaned in pain as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I shifted back to human. Cole covered my body with his wolf. I sat up and looked at Chris’s retreating body.

“I’m fully mated with Cole,” I said to his back and he stopped and looked at me over his shoulder.

“Any hope for me and Dex is over with now, he’ll be happy with Kim once he’s mated to her,” I admitted to Chris.

“And if he’s not?” Chris looked at me I was upset with him but he was looking out for his son.

“He will be,” I smiled reassuringly.

“I know you’re fully mated with Cole, you smell weird,” Chris wrinkled his nose as he gave me a smile.

“I’m sorry Emily,” Chris said and I just nodded as he limped his way out of my house.

“Well looks like my room needs a new wall,” I sighed as I looked up at Cole, Cole just nodded his giant wolf head at me and licked me and I smiled.

“Change back I want to help that injury,” I said and he shifted.

          He winced as he changed back and turned around so I could see the giant bite mark in his back. I traced it with my fingers and he winced and tears fell down my cheek.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered as I kissed his back softly.

“You did nothing wrong,” he looked over his shoulder at me and smiled; I pulled the first aid kit out of my drawer and took out some alcohol wipes.

“This is going to sting,” I warned.

“I know,” he said and I proceeded to his cuts.

          When I was done he turned and looked at me.

“Was it that bad?” he asked.

“No, why?” I smiled up at him.

“Because you look pale,” he said as he touched my face and stared at me.

“I’m just tired,” I admitted.

“You’re so lazy,” he smirked at me making me hit his arm.

“But I still love you,” he chuckled and leaned in to kiss me.

          I pushed him out of the way and ran towards the bathroom where I spilled my guts again. He was holding my hair.

“You’re definitely not okay,” Cole said as he looked at me skeptically.

“It’s nothing to worry about probably a little bug going around,” I smiled at him.

“I think we should call the doctor just in case,” he said to me and I pushed up from the toilet and flushed the toilet as I started brushing my teeth.

“It’s nothing a little seltzer water can’t fix,” I said as I went to lie in bed again.

“Fine but if you throw up again I’m calling the pack doctor,” he frowned at me and turned on the TV.

“Let’s watch a movie,” I said to him as he cuddled close to me and sighed.

“No chick flicks, I’ll get your seltzer and some popcorn,” He groaned as he got up and left.

          I put in ‘A Haunted House’ and waited for him to come back.

“This stupid movie really?” he laughed as he jumped into the bed with me and put a bowl of popcorn in between us.

“Yep,” I said as I took the seltzer from his hand and he pulled me close to him.