The Final Battle

They heard the battle before they saw it. Seven against one and it was still a losing battle. When they reached the scene they found that it was a lot more than seven. Civilians had heard the commotion and joined the fight. Granny had her crossbow, six dwarfs were armed with pickaxes, and a scottish girl with flaming curly hair had joined Mary Margaret and Robin on the roof with her bow.

But as Henry and Peter approached they realised that they weren't the only ones with greater numbers. Nearly a hundred hooded figures were fighting the heroes. Peter heard Henry gasp at his side.

"What is it?" Peter asked.

"It's the Dark Ones. All of them." Now, Peter didn't really understood what Henry meant, but he got the idea. Dark Ones don't exactly sound friendly, and Zelena had called Killian a Dark One back at Emma's house. Henry continued, his voice barely louder than a whisper. "That shouldn't be possible. They're all dead."

That is when Peter became truly unnerved. Undead soldiers armed with dark magic. This is like nothing he had ever faced before. He took a deep breath, wearing a confidence he did not feel. "Let's do this."

Henry ran to Regina's side, helping her and Belle with their spells, as Peter walked calmly to the fight. Several of the Dark Ones stopped at his approach, turning to face him as if they could sense his power. He nearly screamed like a little girl when he saw the faces underneath the hoods. They were all different. Some male, some female. Some short, some tall. Different races and different builds but they all had one physically feature in common. Their skin. It was scaly like a crocodile. Some shone like gold, others were a cold oceany blue, but they were all disgusting. Their reptilian faces were enough to unnerve even the bravest soldier. And it sure did that for Peter. But he knew he had to stay calm.

He had their attention, and it needed to stay that way. They couldn't kill him, but they didn't know that. He just walked into a battle with no weapons that they could see. Of course that would grab their attention. And he was grateful. He was grateful because he was able to distract them long enough for his allies to cut them down. He let out a deep breath, and let a shock wave of electricity through the air, knocking a good majority of the Dark Ones to the ground. He walked pass their unconscious bodies towards the center of the fight. Towards Killian and Emma.

As Peter approached he saw several arrows sticking out of the chest of the man he assumed was Killian. He didn't even seemed fazed. He just broke them off and kept fighting. Now, Peter has encountered several villains, had seen the violence in their eyes, the hunger for power. He had seen it, but he had never seen it with the intensity that he saw in Killian. His eyes were bloodshot and murderous, you could practically see every piece where his heart had broken and shattered. He looked down right evil. Like he had no soul left. Peter had never truly understood why everyone was so afraid until that moment. He didn't know what Zelena was talking about. If anyone was Dark One material it was that guy.

Emma and Killian were surrounded by a battle, but it was like it didn't matter. They were the only two there. This was their fight. Everyone else was just background noise. Emma blasted her firey magic at him again and again. And each time he deflected it. Tears streamed down her face from the concentration the fight took and for knowing what she must to do. She has to kill the man that she loves.

It was not long before Emma was on the defense, deflecting Killian's dark magic. Each strike was with a deadly precision, aimed towards her heart in an attempt to break her the way she had done to him. She deflected each attack, but as they continued it became more and more difficult for her to hold him off. She needed backup, and she needed it now.

That is when Peter took action, doing what he does best. He used his abilities. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and froze time. When he opened his eyes he found everyone standing still around him, in mid motion. Quickly he did the best he could, turning a person slightly so their aim would be off while attempting to blast a hero with dark magic. He did what he could as he made his way towards Emma and Killian. Soon he was standing right in front of the man who threatened these kind people's home. Someone they had once called a friend. Peter looked Killian up and down. The leather jacket, the intense glare, the shining silver hook for a left hand. He reached down, and detached the hook.