Chapter 4-The New Beginning

Start from the beginning

As I have not seen his full appearance before, I couldn't help but gape as I took in him. He had thick black hair and intense greyish silver eyes that was framed by a set of thick dark lashes that any girl would kill to have. He had a defined jaw and cheekbones and he had a natural tanned appearance to his skin.

And of course, there were some faint scars marring his face, because how could you be the alpha of one of the largest packs and the most ruthless without scars? He was also very tall and huge. Not that he was overly muscled, but he was lean and muscular enough.

How could someone so beautiful be so dangerous and terrible? I watched as his eyes roamed all over my features and my body before once again settling onto my face. One of his hands reached over to gently caress my cheek and I flinched. I didn't want him touching me.

Immediately, as if the peaceful atmosphere had simply evaporated, Alpha Kingston's mood turned dark. I watched him blankly as his gaze on me turned dark. "I trust that you've slept well."

It wasn't a question but a statement and I knew better than to remain silent. "Of course Alpha. How long have I been here?" I said quietly and a tad defiantly. I wasn't going to simply bow down to anyone, least of all him.

If he was going to kill me, so be it. My life was almost gone when he had blackmailed me to be mated to him. There wasn't a way out. I would be tied to him for the rest of my life even though we wouldn't be together.

He narrowed his gaze towards me, "You arrived here yesterday. You can call me Kingston. You're my chosen thus you're my equal."

At the mention of him choosing me, anger flared up and I scoffed indignantly. "You chose me? You didn't. You blackmailed me to be with you!"

Kingston's eyes turned hard and he warned lowly. "By drinking the potion, you have agreed to be my chosen."

I scoffed and glared up at him, "Because you threatened to kill my brother. He's fifteen! Would you really do that? Kill a fifteen year old to get what you want?" I demanded and Kingston simply looked at me with a passive expression.

"Answer me!" I demanded and this time, Kingston glared back at me, "Don't mistake my generosity to be weakness. You may be my equal, but that doesn't mean you can demand for me to do your bidding." He warned and angry tears spilled out from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

"You don't even know me, let me go back home! I have a family and my chosen." I said quietly but I guess Kingston knew how I was really feeling due to the bond we had because the next thing I knew, he had cornered me against the wall and he leaned his head towards me.

"Don't you ever mention him in my presence. You're here with me now not him." He warned dangerously, his silver eyes glaring down at me and I met his gaze strongly.

"Why me? You don't even know me." I said as I looked at him pleadingly. All I wanted was to go back to my pack. That was home. Here? It never will be home.

The Mating Season | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara