Like Any Other Day...

Well here's the next chapter. :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slunk down further into my seat, looking over at the clouds slowly crowding the sun for moments. Embarrassed. This was an everyday situation. I was very good at all my subjects and I was an A+ student, with not enough motivation to go further after high school.

I fell into a nap once we watched a movie. Everyone in the class voted for a movie, Remember the Titans. I liked that movie, it showed teamwork and hospitality, something I couldn't pull the effort to try in this hellhole. I felt tired and took the movie as an opportunity to sleep.

*Into Kat's short Dream*

I was running, running from nothing. It was pitch black and I turn around, to see a fire, and my parents being burned alive.

"Mom... Dad..?" I whimper as I stop.

"Kathryn!!" both of my parents screamed in unison. They repeated themselves louder with every time until I woke up.

"Kathryn Johnson!!! We do NOT sleep while class is in session. Now where is your literary assignment?" She questioned folding her arms.

Crap! I never printed it on my computer!

"I forgot to print it Mrs. Grace. Can I print it now? And hand it in to you?" I raised my head as she turned back to the white board.

She paused thinking then turns back to the class, specifically at me. "No you cannot print it, now at least. You will take a late grade for being unprepared." She raised her voice in an irritated tone.

"Wait, sorry." I paused. "Why can't I be cut any slack?? This is the first assignment I haven't brought to class."

"You forgot to come into class prepared, that's why, and don't talk back to me missy or you'll spend an HOUR in detention with the principal. Got that?!"

I held in my tongue from going ballistic on this bitch,but what power do I even have here? I took a deep breath and spoke.

"Yes Mrs. Grace." I whispered as I slumped back in my chair. Everyone else laughed and whispered to each other about me. I didn't care I just wanted today to be over.

The bell rang and as usual, I left last. I put my hoodie further over my head. I walked into the hallway and lookwd down at the floor. I felt my shoulders get bumped by others but this was common. I stopped to a halt and reached to my locker, 465. I sighed, put in my combination, and grabbed my math book. I closed my locker door and walked slowly over to my 3rd period, math. I walk into the class and remember everyone was going on a field trip to a college university. I walked back out the empty classroom and looked at my clock ,on my phone. 9:13. I have a few hours. Every day at my extra period, I would go to work. Since I would have and extra hour. I could work today and skip out tomorrow.

I walk up to the office and asked the school secretary to get Mr. Osmond, our principal, for me. She nodded and a few moments later out pops up my principal.

"Yes, Kat?" He said in a soft but stern tone.

"I was wondering if I could leave for my shift at my job early today, since my whole class is gone on the field trip," I said taking off my hood.

"Ok Kat, but after your shift you must come back to school immediately, understood? I've been informed that you've caused a classroom disturbance. Now due to your record of good behavior and citizenship, I will turn a blind eye to the extra hour of detention." He informed me.

"Yes sir," I said signing myself out in the off-campus book.

I walked out the office, onto the sidewalk holding my board.

I felt since my shift didn't start till later, I took this advantage to relax for about an hour. I took my sweet time shuffling on the sidewalk and started to draw towards boredom. I pulled out my phone and go to my playlists. Like I said before I'm different. I'm alternative rock, metal, and electric music, and of course hip hop and rap.

I put on Change by Deftones. I placed my skateboard on the cold cement and pushed off. I skated past Thurnt Park. As I gazed upon the trees, I remembered having special memories here from when I was younger. And well, I never returned ever since.

I sat down at the park bench as my song changed to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I closed my eyes and rubbed my frigid cheeks. Once opened my eyes and see a figure about 50 ft. away from me. I squinted my eyes hoping to see better. Unfortunately, it doesn't work ,so I rub them. I open them again to see nothing. Probably an illusion. To be fair, I don't think I've been drinking enough water. Instead, I shook my head and got up off the bench, skateboarding down the side walk.

9:49 am

I put on my hoodie and skated further into the small urban city. I picked up my skate board and push the intersection light button. Waiting a few moments before proceeding to walk across to Barnes & Noble. I walked onto the hard gravel then onto the walkway, opening the door. I walked up to the desk and saw my boss, Gregory.

"Morning Greg," I spoke sorrowfully.

"Hey Kat, you're in early today?" He questioned with a dazed look in his eyes.

"My advanced geometry class was on a field trip so I figured I'd come in early today, and I'm gonna leave at my usual time," I replied putting my backpack and skateboard in my locker.

"Fantastic, because Karen is out today so I was searching for someone to fill in her place," Greg looked at me over the counter. Greg was a short middle aged man around his mid-thirties who had dark green eyes. His eyes were nice we're nice enough to hide his obvious comb-over.

I nodded as I headed over to the shelves and organized the books. It was still early so no one was around. The store didn't open until 11:00 so it was my best interest to organize things. I slipped on my name tag and sorted the books in their proper spots upstairs in the horror novel section. My favorite place. I looked up and sighed.

"When will I ever get the benefit of the doubt?" I whispered hoping anyone would hear my sorrows.

A dark laughter echoed behind me. I turned around to see no one. Past the long aisles I looked and to my surprise, still not one soul. I shook it off and returned to the task at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loooooove comments. And sorry for the long wait. Love you

Welll so what did you guys think? Pleaaaaase comment, love you all, byeee.