Outcast

*Kat's POV*

Like any other particular day, I woke up hair messy, shirt wrinkled up to my ribs, and dark circles up under my eyes. Let's just saw my sleep schedule was inconsistent. Normally I stayed up late doing homework or just some cases of insomnia.

Today was an early day and my least favorite day of the week, Monday. Nothing ever went my way on Mondays. It was complete and utter, bad luck. Well everyday tended to suck in my favor at that damn school. Some sympathized me but most would rather attack my difference.

My name is Katrina Johnson. I'm 17 years old and a junior at Hartpave High School, in Wyoming. I was exiled to others due to my difference in music, style, hell people find anything to ridicule you for these days.

I'm black (African American), and physically well proportioned, I think. Smaller bust but a nice ass I think. uh.... what else? Oh 5'8 and about 125 lbs.

I carry myself with courage of course but, I've got my insecurities. But y'know to hell with what people think.

I dyed my hair a dark purple at the tips but left the rest black, and I had a minor goth look to me. Black is just so awesome y'know? In the light you could see the different shades it held, but in the dark you could barely see it. I'm the quiet type and I never spoke out unless spoken to or you could call me a little socially awkward. I only act myself to those who I think deserve the re.of day
Most of these Hartpave a-holes don't deserve a penny for my thoughts.

Let's see... Oh yeah.. my parents..

Mom was a physicist and Dad was an engineer.... Emphasis on "was".

At the age 14, I lost my mother and father in a restaurant kitchen fire. They were trapped under a wooden beam and I saw them die... And I had no brothers nor sisters, it was just me. No family of any kind except for my Auntie Maye. Auntie Maye adopted me when.my parents died, only recently had she moved out knowing I was going to be 18 soon. A kind yet self-absorbed woman.

Eh, long story short, this is how my life just went in the gutter.

I looked at my clock, 7:12. I turned over my covers to my lamp. Lazily, I flicked the switch and the bright light hits my eyes. My eyes pierce in pain into my corneas and feel my pupils shrink. As I rubbed my eyes, I walked over to my closet.

I was born into a wealthy family so I had enough savings to last me for a long time with the absence ofu parents. I work at a local Barnes & Noble book store, in which I have been working for about a year. I loved to read. Especially horror stories. Yet another reason why I was an outsider.

I checked my phone and saw that Leigh hadn't messaged me.. Leigh is my best friend at Hartpave and I haven't seen her since we argued a while ago.. y'know... long story.

I lingered over to my closet and opened it. Feeling the laze of the morning, I pulled out a black long sleeve V-Neck shirt with dark blue skinny jeans with a bra and panties. Once I gathered my clothes k had to prep for the day. I then got out of my gray XXL shirt, that my dad gave me, and slip off my panties. I turned on the shower and put on a shower cap to protect my currently straight hair.

I hopped in the shower and use a my new Bath and Body Works body wash, called Forever Red,and clean all over my body. As I cleaned myself, I sunk down to the porcelain floor to remember a not so fond memory... The day my parents died.

*flashback*

"MOMMMM!!! DADDDDDY!!!" I ran into the burning building as a nearby officer grabs me trying to prevent my re-entry into the Italian Restaurant.

Luckily I was slippery enough to get past. I ran into the flames to find my parents, following the inferno and chasing the sound of agonizing screams.. then they stopped soon after. Only a faint voice came from beneath a fiery beam.

"Kat.... Sweetheart..." I heard a low voice. It was hard to find due to the flickering and crackling of the fires.

I gazed upon my mother and father in horror as flesh burned through their now darkened, charcoal faces. My father recently had perished and.my mother barely clinging to life. Tears poured out of my eyes and then could  barely see the wooden beam over them due to my blurred vision. I tried to lift it with all my power, but the beam was too hot. My mom places her bloody burned hand on mine and speaks through the roaring flames.

"Please child, stop and leave," she lightly cried. "You will be ok, you can't help us now." She leaned in and kissed my hand.

"I love you, honey. More than you kno-" she spoke her last words.

My sanity is in question at this point as the largest pit of sadness coursed through me.

"Mommy!!!! Daddy!!!! P-please no.. you can't leave me please!!!" I screamed in pain of agonizing loss. I didn't hear a fireman speak to me before I was grabbed by the stomach side and ran with me out of the fiery debris.

"NOOO!!! LET ME GO PLEASE!!! MY PARENTS ARE IN THERE!!!!" I scream not being heard.

He placedme outside as a paramedic works on my second degree burns. The firefighter looked down to me as I only heard a muffled apology. I cried to the thought of my parents gone as I looked at my mom's blood kiss mark on my hand. I look over my shoulder shuddering and sobbing uncontrollably. The scene around me was so surreal, that I didn't want to believe the tragedy. This memory was the most traumatizing.

*end of flashback*

I removed myself out of my thoughts and cried at the reminder.

I later got out if the shower, washing my tears away and put in eye drops into my now bloodshot eyes. The terrible kids at school make fun of me and call me an "emo orphan". I ignore what they say, because they don't know what its like. How it feels to see your parents die right in front of you. No one could understand me. Only Leigh was there.. I lost touch with other friends after I went to a different high school.

I put on my panties, followed by bra, pants, and shirt and then I take of my shower cap. I grabbed my brush and begin stroking my hair, untangling it to be semi-presentable. It looks ready for the day proceeded with my morning duties.

I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs with my backpack. I inherited all my parents money and I hired a personal servant since Auntie Maye left. Wealth was nothing to me. What's the point if you have no family?

I stumble upon, Rosie, my servant, placing my plate on the table. She cooked me up some scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage with a side of buttered toast.

"Thank you, Rosie," I grinned sitting down at the dining table.

"You're welcome Ms. Johnson," she replied cleaning the frying pan.

I finish breakfast and look at my phone. 7:21. Shit!!! I'm going to be late. I rush out the door and grab my jacket and skateboard, then zoom off to school.

I arrived on campus just as the bell rang. I'm barely late to first period, English. I rushed into class as my teacher, Mrs. Grace, turned to me as well as everyone else. I interrupted class... Well Fuck.

"Well I'd never! Ms. Johnson!Slacking weren't you? After school detention for class disruption as well as another 15 minutes for being late," she dramatized as I shuffled to the back of the room; everyone laughing as expected.

Leigh's seat still empty...

I put my hood over my head and lied my head down. See? Like I said things never go my way on Mondays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked it. I'm gonna admit this;

When I wrote the flashback I was crying and I'm the author. Please comment on what you thought. :3