Mistakes.

"So, give it to me." Michayla said with an excited look on her face. she was such a drama queen.

         "What are you talking about? I didn't take anything!" I put on my innocent look, knowing all to well exactly what she meant.

     She just looked at me for a moment, giving me time to plot my escape. I knew it wouldn't work, she could run faster than me and she had no problems with proving that to me time and time again.

      "I didn't say you took anything. I said give it to me, as in spill. Now." she said. And I didn't see any way out of it, so that's exactly what I did. Kinda.

        After basically retelling the story from where she left me in the van to meeting her at the cabin, she seemed satisfied. Surprisingly, she didn't push for the extra details, the ones I had undoubtedly left out. I suppose she figured she'd find out soon enough, anyways.

        Then there was a knock at our room's door. Michayla and I looked at each other with puzzled looks. It hadn't been that long since we left Carmen and Hannah, had it?

       "Yes....?" Michayla said it more as a question than an answer.

       "Can I come in?" an unfamiliar voice answered from the other side of the door.

      "Depends. Who are you and do you plan to rape or murder us?" Michayla had such a sense of humor, sometimes she went overboard.

      "I'm Alexis from Smith County and no, I don't plan on touching you, I just want to know who's sleeping across the hall from me. For all I know, you guys are the murderers and rapists." I had to admit, that was a pretty nice comeback.

       Michayla and I exchanged looks before nodding our heads and telling her to enter.

    You had to admit, Alexis was pretty. She stood about 5'6" with long, athletic looking legs, her dark hair pulled back into one shoulder-length braid. Her dark skin was complimented by her dark eyes that were ringed with an amber color.

      "Well I must say I LOVE your hair!" Alexis had, no doubt, been talking about Michayla's long, black curly locks that were currently thrown over her shoulder. I knew people that would kill for her hair, but man, she hated it.

     "Well, I must say, you can have it!" she smiled.

     Another knock came to the door, and two other girls stepped in to join Alexis at the foot of my bed.

     "Oh! This is Mercedes, my little sister," she pointed to the girl that was an exact copy of her, except a little bit shorter. Mercedes smiled and waved shyly before stepping to the other side of her sister. "And this is Susan." this time she gestured to a small redhead. She looked like one to be shy, like Mercedes had been, but Susan was all but.

      "Hey! Cool! We have cool cabin mates this year! I remember her from DPA last March. She was the one that had that amazing cancer board up, and she won first place in the Health category, remember Lex?" That had been Michayla. I don't know how she did it, but that project.... She started working on it three days before we went to DPA, and she'd won first in the biggest category there was. I'd been working on mine for six months, and I'd placed second in a category with only seven people. I was happy for her, but God did that drive me crazy....

      "Yup. Just what I was thinking. So hey, we're gonna go get in the pool, it was nice meeting you guys." They all waved good byes and walked back out our door. I hopped up and closed it behind them.

     "Well. That was definitely... Different." I said, climbing back up on the dresser so I could get to my bed.

     "Agreed. Mercedes is cool, she was in my rotation at camp last year. But the other two are kinda.... Almost creepy. I know I haven't much room to talk, but...." her voice trailed off. She was definitely out there in left field, but not as far out as Alexis and Susan had been. Whether Alexis really remembered me or not, we had been in the same rotation last year, too. I knew a few things more about her than she thought I did. She was the one that jumped off the zipline platform before I was ready to jump. I knew one thing for sure, if the ziplines here were two person like they were at the Rock, I would not be ziplining.

    "You have plenty of room compared to her." I said motioning towards the door.

    "Hahaha! I guess you're right. After all, she did basically drag you off a 100 foot platform." That she absolutely did.

     "Hey, what time is it? I'm beginning to worry about Carmen and Hannah." Michayla put on her concerned face. They had been stuck with Isaiah for a while now....

     "It is..... God it's already almost five o'clock. we've got less than five minutes to get to the lunchroom, if we're late, our color crew leaders might not like us to much. Wait, what about Carmen and Hannah? They're still at the pool!" I freaked out. That was crazy... Surely the lifeguards had sent them out...? But they hadn't came back here.....

     "I'm thinking your watch is wrong. My phone reads 4:25. Yours is half an hour fast."

     "Okay. That was sort of... Almost scary. I really don't want to give our color crew the wrong impression before we've even met them! Do you think we should go get them so they have plenty of time to change?" I barely got the words out of my mouth as Hannah practically kicked out the door.

     "I'm  thinking the answer to that would be a negative." We both laughed as Carmen stared at us like we were crazy. We'd probably end up explaining later, but for the moment Carmen shook it off and changed into dry clothes.

    We waited until ten to five before we left the cabin. I was definitely hungry, so I pushed for us to go quickly, and I was the first out the front door. Mistake.