Chapter 8

"You fucking little bitch, where are you!?" The hoarse, familiar voice rang through our large house.

I stayed as still and as silent as I could, crouched in the back corner of my brothers abandoned closet. I clung to the raggedy raccoon I had had since I was born.

I heard my brothers bedroom door swing open and closed my eyes tight, awaiting what was to come.

Soon after the locked closet door was pulled off  it's hinges and towering above me was the man I will always fear the most.

"There's my princess."

My eyes shot open to find Jeremy above me, holding my sweaty body "Addison sweety, calm down" he cooed and pet down my hair "it was just a dream, it's not real"

"It was" I managed to get out, gripping his shirt tightly.

He rocked our bodies gently "not anymore, he's gone"

I shook my head and let more tears pour out of my eyes "Jeremy- he gets out in 5 months"

My step-father. Him and my mother were never officially married but I was forced to call him dad, or daddy as he preferred. He's been in prison for 11 years on charges of rape, domestic violence, and attempted murder.

"How old is your sister now?" He spoke calmly, knowing exactly  how to help me.

"She'll be 18 next month" I looked down to see we were sitting on the floor, he must've pulled me out of my bunk.

"Do you think she would've left by now?" Jeremy and the rest of our band know everything. They know my damaged past and do nothing but help me through it all.

"I don't know what it's like there now, but I hope so" I pulled away from him slightly to wipe my makeup-less face with the back of my hands.

He watched me with sad eyes "you know we'll be going there in about a week"

I nodded and dropped my hands to my lap "yeah, I've been preparing myself since we stared this tour" almost every tour I've been on we've went through my home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin "what time is it?"

"It's about 8:00 am" he used his thumb to wipe a few remaining tears off my chin.

"Did I wake anyone up?" I frowned and he shook his head with a little smile.

"No, we were all up" he stood up and pulled me with him "I was coming in to wake you up" I gave him an apologetic smile and he placed a kiss on my forehead "let's go get something to eat, okay?"

"Okay" I turned and pushed the folding door closing off the front of the bus to the side.

"Hey gorgeous" Neil was standing alone by the small stove we never used and opened his arms. I walked into them and he squeezed me tight "all good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine now" I looked up and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Good" he reached behind him then held out my pill organizer  "take these, get dressed and we'll head down to catering"

I took my medicine from him and got on my tip toes to kiss his cheek "thank you" I took my medicine for the day out and washed them down with a red bull I had in the fridge.

"Healthy choice" Jeremy motioned to my drink and chuckled.

I shrugged, took another sip and set it on the counter before going back to get changed into actual clothes.

I pulled on a pair of ripped shorts and a dark green, low, cut off shirt. I used a black bandana to keep down the front of my thick, curly hair since brushing it would only make it a frizzy mess. I quickly put on some mascara and a dark red lipstick. I never needed to where concealer or anything because of my "porcelain skin". I rarely had acne but my skin was fucking pale.