5

Maria

We walked the short distance to get to the carnival. It was full of bright lights and it was loud.

"Ready to go in beauty?" Johnny asked, with his newfound smile.

"Yep! We're going to ride rides right?" I asked him, excitedly as I saw the roller coaster.

"Yeah! Wow you're the first girl whose ever wanted to ride rides!"

"Really?"

"Yeah most girls just want to be won a carnival prize."

"Well I want to enjoy the carnival!"

"Awesome!"

We waited in the short line to ride the old roller coaster and boarded it. While we're on it, Getting ready to start, Johnny laid his hand on my hand. I didn't react to it like it was a big deal, I just smiled. I knew he saw, because he didn't take it off until we were actually moving.
It was an old roller coaster, which made it really cool! Added a bit of fear.

"That was awesome!" I told Johnny taking his hand into mine.

"Really? Most people hate that." He says, astonished.

"Well I'm not like most people, Johnny. I like having a little fear in my bones."

"You really aren't, Ria." He says with his warm smile. "Want to go through the fun house?"

"Sure!"

•••

The fun house as full of fun traps and mazes. Johnny and I spent the entire time trying to race each other out of the mazes. But we usually just ended up laughing and doing it together. His smile never left the entire time we were in there, and neither did mine.

"So what now?" He asks, facing me again.

"I don't know. What do you like doing here?"

"We could ride the Ferris wheel and then play some games?" He suggests.

"Sure." I say, with a smile

We run over to the line for the Ferris wheel and patiently wait. When we get our cart, I get in first and Johnny sits and casually slips his arm around me. I decided to go along with it, and layed my head on his shoulder.
We were fortunate enough I have our Cart stop at the top. Apparently, the carts will be stopped like this for about 5 minutes. So I was at the top with Johnny.

"So, Ria, tell me about yourself." Johnny says, looking down at me

"What do you want to know? I'm just a normal girl. There isn't much to know."

"What's your family like?"

"Rich and stuck up. Kind of like Derby."

"Oh. So you've met him?" He says, with a little sourness in his tone.

"Yeah. I grew up with him. If he finds out about this date, he'll be upset. He told me to stay away from you."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. But I don't care about Derby. All I care about is what's happening right now." I say, looking into his eyes.

"Good. I don't care about that prep scum either. You fascinate me, Ria."

"How?"

"The way you act. The way you were raised. The way you dress. The way you like fear. I barely know you and yet you amaze me."

"Well I guess you're in for a hurricane, Johnny Vincent."

"I guess I am, Maria Hernandez." And then there's that smile again. The one that makes me feel so fuzzy and warm on the inside. Our faces inch towards each other.

But right in that moment, the Ferris wheel starts, and I'm so startled that I jump back. Johnny chuckles at me and looks out at the Stars.

Damn it. I think.

•••

Johnny brought me over to where the Carnival games were. He won some tickets, and then took me into the prize tent. In that tent, I saw the cutest little bear (like Pinky's bear you win the game, just a little smaller). Johnny purchased the bear with his tickets and gave it too me.

"Aw thanks Johnny." I said happily "I owe you now"

"Don't worry about it, Ria. You don't owe me anything."

"Yes I do. And you'll love it." I say with a big smile towards him. He's so tall.

"Fine then. Be mysterious." He says, laughing.

"What do you want to now?" I ask him

"Let's head back to school. There's an area I want to show you."

"Okay."

•••

We head back to the school. Johnny leads me in the direction of the library. Behind there, is a door that seems to have been broken.
"Thanks Jimmy." He mumbles. He continues to lead me to a beautiful area with big rocks and green grass.

"Wow. It's so pretty. Especially with the stars" I say continuing to walk.

"Yeah, this is where I go for some quiet. But I wanted to show it to you." He explained.

"Well thank you. You're great."

"Not as great as you, beauty." He said, as he look down at me with a different look than he's given tonight. This look was just full of caring, and I could see by just looking at him. He was so much taller then me that I had to reach to put my arms around his neck and hug him. He returned with putting his arms around my waist and holding me.
We stayed in this embrace for a long time. Eventually we had to break, because I had to pick up my bear. (lolz she dropped it)

"I better get back to the girls dorm."

"And I better get back to the shop with the boys."

"Thank you for an amazing night Johnny. I appreciate it. It was a great first night at Bullworth."

"Of course, Ria. Anything for you"
And with that, I kissed him on the cheek and left the way I came in. I headed back to the girls dorm, and I could feel the goofy grin on my face.