Belligerent

Author's Note:

Just a side note, I do not claim to have taken or own any of the pictures I provide.  The above picture belongs to josephhaubert from Deviantart.

Enjoy.

...

The distress my body was under was unfathomable. A wretched, bile scent assaulted my nose and I inwardly recoiled, holding my breath. Alpha Dagon was patiently waiting for my response but I was not capable of what I was enclosed in. Urine, perspire, and blood smothered my body in a foul paste and my hair was matted with a few days-worth of food.

Alpha Dagon cleared his throat. My head snapped in his direction and I momentarily fought off the urge to charge towards him.

"Very well, Mutt," he began. "Do not speak, I do not care. I am going to share a few rules I expect you to follow. Defy any of the rules and I will make sure your punishment is far worse than your previous." He was not joking.

I listened intently without appearing curious.

"You will respect all authority" he said. "Including my own."

Pft! I scoffed.

"If I tell you to jump," he threatened, his eyes faded into a distant black. "You better jump."

"You are forbidden to leave the packs' territory."

"Under no circumstances are you allowed to eat before I do," his voice deepened.

"I suspect you will break a rule, Mutt," he was very tall, I observed. The hairs on his head were less than an inch from the top of the door frame. I knew very well that the door was roughly six-and-one-half feet in height.

"I suggest you find yourself in a shower," he breathed harshly. "As soon as possible."

"I do not know where the nearest one is located," I growled.

"Lastly, you are to inform me as Alpha at all times."

No.

We glared at each other in unison, without a word articulated. The next thing I saw was an empty doorway. The door was wide open and I assumed he expected me to find a shower on my own.

Why would he allow me to run freely throughout his pack's home?

Lifting myself up off the cot, I winced in agony before I made my way out of the corridor. The idea of having a shower was beyond a fantasy at this point. My head poked out of the entryway and I glanced in both directions. Alpha Dagon leaned against the wall to my left and I gasped, jumping in response, hitting my back against the doorframe.

"I suppose you are in search of the nearest bathing room?" he inquired deeply. His face was sharp and tight. There was no sign that he had once been a child, he was all man. His scent was musky and classy, something that stirred flittering sensations in the pit of my stomach.

I stared without a word.

"Ask me, Mutt," he demanded.

One of his rules came to mind. He knew I was going to defy him. He was not unintelligible nor would I press the idea that I could get away with it. I wanted a shower, not a punishment.

"Show me the bathroom," I recoiled before I said, "Alpha."

I felt degraded.

"No."

What?!

"Ask me."

I growled. Huffing and puffing, I restated myself, "Please, show me the bathroom, Alpha Dagon." He must be throwing a party in his damn cranium. This was despiteful and humiliating.