Walk Like A Penguin (Penguin/Oswald Cobblepot x Reader)

"Has anyone ever told you that you walk like a penguin?" Your closest friend, (F/N) has asked.

"You literally tell me that everyday," you groaned, growing annoyed from your friends teasing.

"Yeah, but it's funny," she laughed.

"Not as funny as your buck teeth," you shot back. You both had shot each other jokes, to this she only laughed.

"My boyfriend thinks they're cute," (F/N) stated.

You shot her a look of disbelief, as her boyfriend was not a reliable source.

"He doesn't count. He thinks everything you do is cute," you deadpanned.

"You should really meet his friend, Oswald," she suggested, changing the subject.

"Do I have a choice?" You squinted at her. Usually, she'd set you up on dates with anonymous men until you met them, to which you scared them off and you lied, saying it didn't work out.

"Nope, we have a double date tonight. Justin will bring Oswald, and we'll meet them," she explained.

Justin, her boyfriend, had been her longest boyfriend. Usually, her relationships would last a couple months, but Justin had lasted a year and a half.

"Where are we going?" You asked, fiddling with your zipper of the sweater you wore.

"Can't say."

"Helpful, thank you," you sarcastically thanked (F/N).

"You know, Oswald is pretty cute. And he walks like you," (F/N) giggled.

"Oh, thanks. We're going to be the 'love at first sight' type of people because of how we walk. (F/N), you're judgemental," you pouted, as an attempt to get out of this double date.

"Am not! Just go home and get ready, I'll pick you up at nine," she laughed.

"Okay, mom," you joked.

After arriving home, you didn't get ready until you had an hour to spare.

You got stuck with the question 'what should I wear?'. After finding a black dress that ended just under the knees, you did the most important thing, makeup. You found it difficult, makeup wasn't your strongest point. Actually, you hated applying makeup, it took too much time and effort only for it to be washed off at the end of the day.

With everything done - hair, makeup, clothes - there was a knock at the door.

"(Y/N), you look so nice!" (F/N) cheered.

"Yeah, I tried," you mumbled.

"Don't be so grim, you won't die from this. On the bright side, there is free food."

"I'm okay with not paying, thank you," you followed her to her car, which she drove to the restaurant. It was nice, it had a peaceful feel to it. The restaurant was themed red and black, which gave it a family feel.

After (F/N) left her car, you followed. You spotted Justin with a man with black hair, a black suit and an umbrella. You should've brought one and regretted not bringing something to protect you from the rain.

"Hey, babe," (F/N) greeted her boyfriend with a kiss and small hug.

You stated at the other man, his blue eyes observing you.

"(Y/N), meet Oswald. Oswald, meet (Y/N)," Justin spoke. You gave out a hand which Oswald took and shook.

All four of you had entered the restaurant and, apparently, you had reservations.

'(F/N) and Justin had really put this together,' You thought to yourself.

"So, (Y/N), what do you like?" Justin asked, which was useless because he knew almost everything you.

"Um, eating," you shrugged. You were awkward, looking for an excuse to leave.

"Well, good thing were at a restaurant," Oswald finally spoke. His voice was soft, and it was smooth.

You smiled at him, cheeks turning red.

"Yeah, that's great," you laughed silently.

After a while, all four of you had ordered and eaten, you were all chatting and getting to know Oswald.

Suddenly, Oswald had learned towards you, since he was next to you. He whispered in your ear.

"Has anyone ever told you that you walk like a penguin?"
-----
Irony. I love it.

Oswald. I love it.

School. I hate it.

Heh, yeah, school has been a bumhole (excuse my vulgar language ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) but I'm using the weekends and nights to write when I can.

Photo: 'Oswald Cobblepot' by Circus-Fish on DeviantArt

:)
:)
:)

Bye.