The English Teacher

• Dedicated to Mrs. Kaufmann

 Foward by Shay Boxer, student

There are certian reasons I love going to school. It's not to see the class cutie or enjoy the challenge of gym class. It's not to race into chorus class and belt out the solo. Nope. Not even close. I get overly joyed to sit in my English class. What a nerd I am, right? I like to sit in a room with a bunch of books, essays and a clock that doesn't seem to count down the time. Actually, this is my safe haven; the one place I feel loved and accepted, despite my flaws and mistakes. English class is the one place I can escape. Those books and essays are merely passage ways to a world of peace and love. No one gets me. I'm misunderstood. I've been hurt. I've been chased out of foster homes more time than I can count on all my fingers and toes. I try to keep my distance from everyone so they don't have to force themselves to try and understand. . I eat lunch alone and my nose is always in my journal. It all hurts a little less if I just try and keep to myself.  Everyone says I'm a loner that I don't try and open up. I open up. My life is an open book; You just have to turn the pages. My name is Shay Boxer. In life, I've stood alone, but I've stood tall.  I've had English class and writing as my leaning wall all my life, and if you look close enough it is a home, and outlet, a nessescity to many others in life aswell. This is the story of our English teacher.