Chapter 12 - Zola

What Zola is wearing at school. That is also her tan. Not her hair.

Zola's Pov

I run into my house and slam the door shut, locking it behind me. Thankfully no one was home. My phone starts instantly ringing, I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the caller ID. I had already known who it was before I picked up.

Reece.

I text my brother Cole and my mother telling them I don't feel well and not to bother me. I turn my phone off and go straight upstairs to my room. Once I'm there and alone. I let the tears fall. I can't believe he would do this! It was only last night he told me he liked me a lot and I'm that stupid I said it back. I can't believe I fell for him. My fault I'm hurt though, I knew what he was like. I knew he was a player.

**

"Zo!"

"What!?"

"I've been trying to wake you up for five minutes, you've been sleeping for 4 hours " Cole says while sitting on my bed and giving me a slight smile. "Now, what's wrong? I know you're not feeling unwell"

"Nothing is wrong"

I manage to fake a smile but I know Cole can see straight through it. He comes closer to me and pulls me in for a hug. I can't stop a few tears from falling. He doesn't ask again he just tightens his grip and hugs me harder, and I couldn't be more grateful for that. Unfortunately though, our cute brother and sister moment is ruined when Zach bursts through the door.

"Hey guys, I was wonderin... oh..What's wrong sis?"

"Nothing"

"Really? So why is Jameson blowing up my phone telling me to get you to turn your phone on? What has the fucker done?"

"I thought you liked him?" I asked

"I did until I realised he'd hurt my baby sister" he smiles while walking over and planting himself on  my bed just like Cole had done.

"Now tell me what happened"

I didn't want to tell my brothers what happened, especially Zack but they would not let me leave my room till I told them everything.

"I'm going to kill that little bastard!" Zack shouted

"No you're not, chill bro" Cole replies. I turn my phone back on to see I have a few things I have missed meaning I have 76 texts sent from either Reece, Charlie, Sophia, Valentino, Casper, Hunter and even a couple from Nate? I also have 57 missed calls. My phone starts ringing in my hand and I shoo my brother out of my room, they both don't budge till I tell them it's just Sophia.

"Hey Soph"

"I'm with Charlie, you're on loud speaker, Are you crazy!? Never do that again! You had everyone worried sick! Reece told us that you had an argument and that you ran home? What happened?"

"Pft! An argument?" Then I proceeded to tell her what actually happened last night.

"That fucking bastard!" I hear Charlie shout through the phone. "We'll be over in 10". Then the line went dead. Exactly 8 minutes later, my two best friends burst through my bedroom door. After chatting for about 20 minutes, my phone starts ringing on my bed side table, we all turned and looked at each other before we all lept for the phone.

"Charlie Sophia! Get off!" I shout in the middle of laughing. Charlie gets off of me and then sits back down on my back while Sophia moves and sits on my legs.

"What do you want Reece?" Charlie half shouts down the phone

"She doesn't want to speak to you.....Oh yeah just a little argument? She told us what you done you jackass.... Just fuck off Reece!"

"Go get in the shower we are going out" Sophia smiles

After a 10 minute shower, I get dressed into a pair of blue denim shorts and throw on a thin flowy orange jumper and put on my white small white converse. It's unbelievably hot outside today. Much hotter than usual even though it is always hot here. I dry my hair and leave it down so it falls down to my waist in it's natural waves. I apply some mascara and that's me done.

"Where are we actually going?" I decide to ask once we are all seated in Soph's car.

"To have some lunch in the diner and then we will decide somewhere else" Sophia smiles from the driving seat. Once we get to the diner we go to our usual booth and order our usual food.

"Hey girls, How are you's?" Kate smiles while sliding in the booth beside Charlie

"We are good" I fake smile

"Zola Zola Zola, I've known you for years and can tell when you're lying, what's wrong?" I then begin to tell her what happened.

"What an ass, don't worry babe, you can do better, I mean look at you, you're beautiful" she smiles

"Thanks Kate" I smile back at her. After finishing our conversation and our food and saying our goodbyes to Kate, we decide to go to the beach which is not that long of a drive. We take our shoes off and head for the sand. Joking around and laughing with my best friends is just what I need but I still can't get Reece out of my head. I know it's my fault but I can't thinking about him. His eyes, his plump pink lips, his chiseled jawline. I wonder what he's doing right now? Actually I don't. He's probably with that slut. He's gotten over me and nothing had even started. Now it's my turn to forget him. Which I imagine won't be as easy as it sounds.

***

It's now Monday morning how absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to face all the amazing people that join me at the marvelous place. I shower and leave my hair natural and get dressed into a black pair of denim shorts, a white top with grey stripes and my white and black Adidas superstars.

I'm just about to leave my house after having a quick breakfast with my family when Zach grabs my arm.

"You're getting a ride with me and Cole"

The ride to school was completely silent. Me in the front and Cole in the back. Once we arrive at school. People start to stare. A couple of Zach's friends start walking over, trust me when I say you wouldn't want to mess with them. Some of them try to flirt with me but I think it's just to piss my brother off.

I bet we look like the freaking Cullen family in Twilight when they are standing outside their car at school. Although we are 2 people down.

He then begins to walkover, Cole wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in to his side

"Zo please listen to me.." Reece tries to starts

"You listen. Stay the hell away from my baby sister, you got that pretty boy?" Zack smirks while standing closer to Reece

"Come on mate please, I just need to explain"

"I'm not your 'mate' Reece, not anymore, stay away from Zola" Zack grabs on to my wrist and leads me and Cole away inside the building.

I can't lie, ignoring Reece is extremely hard. He's always there even after my brother told him to stay away from me. Thankfully I've always had one of my good friends by my side. He's tried speaking to me a lot but someone is always there telling him to go, my phones been ringing and vibrating all day though.

Should I let him explain?

It was now just after lunch, I'm taking my time putting my books away in my locker as I'm not that bothered if I'm late. Specially because the next class I have is with Reece. Once I've finishes putting my books away I begin walking to class.

"Shit!" I shout while one hand goes over my mouth and the next goes around my waist and I'm pulled in to a classroom.

I turn around and face the person I did not want to see.

"Jesus Christ Reece!"