Chapter 15

I could barely sleep with all the adrenaline rushing through my veins. The fight is only a few hours away and I couldn't get my mind off it. I know I need to sleep if I want my energy up, but with something this big, it's impossible. It's like a five year old trying to sleep on Christmas.

I ended up falling asleep at five in the morning which meant that I only got two hours of sleep. I changed into my most kick ass outfit. The entire outfit was only leather and I'll admit that I look pretty hot in it. And boy did quite a few heads turn when I walked in the gym doors.

You've got to be kidding me. Zach's lust filled voice said to me through our mate bond. I glanced at him and shrugged. All great fighters wear leather outfits. Either way, I'll still be able to fight and look amazing while doing it.

"You better be able to move in that outfit Piper," Alpha Ryan said to me with a friendly smile.

"Want to test it out?" I asked with a smirk. He laughed and shook his head. I stood in the back of the group as Alpha Ryan discussed where everyone is going to be. Certain people at certain entrance's so there can be more power. He had really thought this through and I'm almost positive that we'll win.

I might still be nervous but I'm most definitely ready to do this. I was born for this kind of thing. I have hunter blood rushing through my veins. I am going to destroy these rogues. They won't have any clue what had hit them.

As everyone was walking to the exit to go to their positions, someone grabbed me around the waist and spun me to face them.

"I love you," Will whispered in my ear then pressed his lips sweetly against mine. The butterflies erupted in my stomach as I melted into Will's embrace.

I pulled back a fraction of an inch and whispered against Will's lips, "I love you, too." His eyes lit up and he grinned from ear to ear before crashing his lips against mine. We pulled back a minute later and realized we are the only people left in the gym.

"Are you ready?" He asked and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I nodded and leaned into him. I am so ready for this fight now.

We had all taken our positions around the territory and only communicating through our pack bond. No one was to make any noise. There were still a quite a few of us in our human form though, so we couldn't communicate. The pack bond only works when you're in your wolf form, unless you're Alpha or have a mate bond. Zach was telling me everything that is going on so I'm updated.

So far we had all been standing out here for two hours with no sign of the rogues. I was starting to think that maybe I had gotten the call wrong. Maybe it wasn't the rogues that had answered my warning howl, but someone else.

What if I don't make it through this? I asked Zach through our mate bond. Sure, he was only standing fifty feet away from me, but when Alpha Ryan says no noise, he means no noise. Zach made sure he was in the same group as me so he could keep an eye out for me. Although if it was up to me, I wouldn't have such strong fighters like Zach and I in the same group. I would make sure all the good fighters were spread out in the weaker groups.

You'll make it through this, don't doubt it. You're a kick ass fighter and if you do need any help then I'm right here. He said without looking at me.

But what if I don't? I asked nervously. Zach took a few carefully placed steps, so as to not make any noise, towards me. I looked at him questioningly, as did the rest of the group. He slid his hand across my cheek to the back of my neck and lifted my head to look in his eyes.

I can't stand hearing those words from you, Piper. You are going to make it through this, no matter what. I'll do whatever I have to do to make that happen, even if I die trying. My eyes widened and my heart started pounding erratically. Having him say that to me meant more than anything he could ever say. Having your mate say that they'll protect you at whatever the cost, means the world to me.