Mail time Chapter 14

I looked up to see Herbert, my tall old mailman, and grinned as he spoke.

  "Hey young lady." Said Herbert. I still couldn't tell if he was looking at me or something behind me because of that lazy eye.

  He gave me a toothy grin but it was more of toothless smile. You see Herbert was missing a few teeth as in one of his front teeth and three bottom teeth but I don't mind. But I always wonder how he eats. Does he just push all of his food to the right side of his mouth?

  "How is it going Herbert." I returned his smile. I open the gray steel door to see that he was in his usual blue mail man outfit, which consist of a light blue short sleeved shirt, dark blue shorts, a blue cap that his gray hair poked out from under it and his shiny black shoes.

  "Just got your mail like always." He took a bundle of letters out of his dark blue bag and handed them to me.

"Thank you, would you like anything to drink? I just made some lemonade if you up for some?" I asked Herbert.

  "No thank you. I have many more house to hit before I get to head home to my lovely Martha. I will be on my way now, good bye for now." He tipped his hat to me and headed back to his white mail car.

  His wife was named Martha. They were the cutest couple you have ever seen. You know those old couples you see sitting on a park  bench looking at each other like newly weds. Well that was them. Except Martha was a lot shorter than Herbert so it was even cuter, but Herbert was supper tall so actually Martha was about average height for a women her age.

  If I remember correctly she was about 60, while Herbert was about 65. They were both pretty good looking for an old couple. Even though Herbert has an lazy eye and missing teeth, he is still very handsome. And Martha is so beautiful. Her hair used to be brown but no its gray but more of that silver color.

    "Bye, bye Herbert. Take it easy now." I waved till he was out of my sight and then I closed the door.

      I went to my fridge and took out a pitcher of lemonade I had made earlier today and grabbed a glass from a near by cabinet and poured myself a glass. I grabbed my lemonade and mail and headed for the couch.

    I walked across my shad carpet and I had to stop because it was just so soft that I just ran my toes over it a few time. Then I sat down on my old lady couch and put my glass of lemonade on the table in front of the couch. I then started to go though my mail.

   Tankers came up on to the cough and rolled on to his back, stretched to were his paws hit my leg then turned and landed on his side. He then started to take a nap. I stopped going though my mail to look at my little kitty.

"Your such a lazy cat. Why don't you go hunt mice or something?" He just raised his head and looked at me. That his way of saying your crazy for even suggesting that. I ignored him and started to go through my mail.

"Junk mail, junk mail, bill, junk mail, letter? I never get letters?" I said to myself. Tanker just raised his head again and meowed, then fell asleep again, the bum.

   I looked it over but there was no return address on it all it had written was my name in blue ink. I has having a bit of a war with myself on if I should open it or not. I was a little afraid it was going to be a warning note like a few I have gotten in the past when I lived with my parents but I burned every one I got so my parents never knew I got anything like that.

       Or could it just be a letter from my mom. People still write letters now a days. But if she wanted to get in tough with me all she had to do was call. Sending a letter takes way to long. And she would have had to put a return address on it since she most likely would have sent it. But I already knew the answer. I had a bitch of a curiosity. I was always curious when it came to things like this, so I knew I was going to open it.

      So I ripped open the top of the yellow-ish color envelope and pulled out a single page note.

And all it said was "Hello"

'

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

I wish I had a nice mail man like

Herbert, but mine is just

creepy as hell.