Chapter [11] Working Woman

Start from the beginning

I walked outside to my car and started it up.

The battery light came on.

Is there a red dot eternally resting on my head? Does my forehead say "Kill Me" because that's how I felt.

I got out and closed the door. My mom and dad were both at work. Jonah was at work and Bonnie doesn't even have a car yet.

I sighed and began walking. I thought to myself I could probably catch the bus. I was almost at Chase's house since he lives a couple of blocks down from me.

But then I saw his white car and him walking from the house.

"Just keep walking, he won't even notice you." I muttered to myself.

"Ivy?" Skylor raised his eyebrows.

I raised my eyebrows too. "Yes?"

"Well, judging by you walking, I presume that the screw up fairy has visited you again?" He smirked.

"I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message." I mimicked what he said to me earlier. I turned back around and walked off.

"Oh come on, don't be a baby." He chuckled.

Even though he's so irritating, somehow he managed to always pull me back in. I hated that. I tried to act like he wasn't getting to me.

But I continued walking, my arms folded.

He caught up with me. "Where you going?"

"Work." I bluntly stated.

"What? You have a job?" He scoffed.

"Yeah I do. Is that hard for you to believe?" I rolled my eyes.

He was quiet for a moment. "Well let me take you."

"I'll walk." I assured.

"Either you let me take you or I'm gonna follow you to work and stay there for the whole night."

"You're bluffing." I shook my head.

"Try me." He stated.

I stopped and stared at him for a moment.

The car ride was pretty quiet. I was looking out the window most of time. But my curiosity got the best of me and I eventually blurted out my thoughts. "You know, if you and Avery wanted to do something, it should've been in the comfort of your own homes."

Skylor turned and looked my way for a moment. He looked confused, "What are you talking about?"

I reminded him of when he and Avery came into class late today.

"Oh, that. She was in the guidance office with me. I mean she got out before I did but she waited until I left to walk to class." He replied. "What'd you think happen?" He looked at me again. I saw a tug on the corner of his mouth but he was trying to hide his amusement.

"Well, I saw her shirt was on backwards so I just assumed..."

I can't believe I just accused him of that. It was so embarrassing.

"So you were jealous?" There was a smile on his face now.

I didn't want him to think I was jealous and I didn't know what to say so I just changed the subject.

I cleared my throat. "Here it is." I pointed towards my new job site in the distance.

When we pulled up in front of the restaurant, he looked at me incredulously. "This is where you work?"

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged.

"Well. Seems like I'm going to be seeing a lot of you." He winked.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

He pointed at the large marquee the name was engraved in. And when I really saw it. I felt like I was getting ran over by a bus.

"The Cruise."

You've got to be kidding me.

"Looks like you work for me." He smirked impishly.

«❤️»

[VOTE/COMMENT/LOVE]