Resolution

Auria's POV

LAST CHAPTER! New book coming soon. Watch for Eternity |Descension Book Three|!

I made the first hit, striking Arlyn with some fire. He twirled around and lashed back with some water. He froze it on his hands, making ice swords. I pulled out my dagger and started clashing. I changed its form with every successful hit, and changed elements frequently. I shot bursts of magic through my feet, kicking through the air. I ended up fighting back to back with Kai. I sent a blast of fire out at an assailant just before he decapitated Kai. Kai said a quick thanks and turned back to the fight.

~

We knocked down most of the attack force. Adelaide and Faelern were down with some semi-serious injuries, but Kai and I continued tirelessly. Arlyn and I were battling it out, every move like one on a chess board. Swipe, dodge, feint, repeat. He got the upper hand when I stumbled and made a deep cut in my arm. I cried out and he knocked my dagger out of my hand. I slid back and replenished my magic power. I swirled all four elements and the noble power around both my hands and charged. 

The world shattered.

Kai's POV

Two months later

Aida cried on Zander's shoulder, wetting the edge of his funeral wear. Her own black gown was very much fitting for a queen. Adelaide and I just wore simple black attire, her clad in an Ildisian dress and I in a black suit similar to Zander's. Aida crouched and placed a bouquet of flowers on Auria's memorial shrine. Zander took the honors of lighting the mural of Auria for the ascension ritual, even though we hadn't found her body. We'd spent all our time searching, but determined that she'd been burnt by the explosion or overuse of magic. We looked up at the rising smoke, and not a single person was not crying. 

???'s POV

I trudged through the narrow corridors of the hideout. The young moon elf approached me, clad in bandages. "Is it done?" I demanded. He nodded and led me to a large room. In the center was a giant crystal of eviathium. Encased in the glowing gem, was none other than Princess Auria of Valond.

Souls |Descension Book Two|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें