Voyage

Auria's POV

We quickly packed and said goodbyes to Aida. I pulled my hair into a braid. I slung my bag across my shoulder and strolled back into the main room where my companions were waiting. Arlyn was shooting suspicious looks at Kai. I nodded at Kai and we left. It was early morning, and the sun was low in the sky. Sky ran out after us and handed me a bag of cookies. They were fresh out of the oven. "Be careful. You know how much we care about you, Auria. Don't die, and don't get yourself captured. Again." I nodded. It was only Arlyn, Kai, and I on the trip as to not attract attention in Ildis. We climbed onto some horses and set off. I lead us into the forest pass, so we could go fast without the threat of gangs and most planned attacks. The worst dangers were mother nature and bandits. We put up our hoods and went as fast as we could. This was a stealth and speed mission, so we had to prepare for everything. Coverings for our Eagles tattoos so gangs wouldn't fight us based on our affiliations. We even carried seals and identification incase we were stopped or questioned. We stopped for a moment by a stream and rested. I sat by the stream while the boys tended the horses.I let down my hair, my white locks cascading over my shoulders, but kept the braids taking the hair out of my face up. I jumped to my feet when I heard a loud thud. I snuck around to the trees seperating the stream and the clearing the horses were in. I crouched behind some bushes and caught Arlyn's eyes. He was pinned to the ground. I motioned for him to be quiet. I moved so I could see who was standing over him. A hooded figure had his boot on Arlyn's back. I scowled and noticed his arm tattoo. It was an Eagles tattoo. I leaped out of the bushes. Some of his Eagle buddies started to come towards me. I held out my arm for them to halt. "Princess Auria Halwen Fairbairn of Valond, fellow Eagles member." I held down the collar of my shirt and dropped my hood. With my free hand, I pulled out the seal. "Try another thing against my companions, and answer to two angry nobles and Diego. They are Eagles members, and we are on a top secret mission for our king, princess, and our leader." They let Kai and Arlyn stand. Kai held up his shirt to reveal a blue Eagles tattoo on his chest. Arlyn pulled up his sleeve and wiped himself off. "You should know better than to attack a group of travelers. Even if they are suspicious, atleast check if they're Eagles. And, when there are three horses and two people, check for a third. Props for managing to get two of the best Eagles members down." I heard leaves behind me rustling. I turned my head and caught on fire in an instant. I held my dagger out just in time for a thug to hit it. I spun around and dodged every attack, sending in mine perfectly. I slashed his thigh and he went down with a yelp. I turned back and smirked. "Any more takers?" I asked. The remaining Eagles held up their hands in surrender. The Eagle who had tried to kill me held out his hand in an attempt to trip me. I kicked his face without looking down. I held out my dagger, both innocently and threateningly. We got back on our horses. "What team is this? I need to report this. And who is this?" I asked, pointing to the Eagle I'd kicked. "Scout and Guard 89. That's Xavier Oriol." I nodded to the kid who answered. "Thank you. What's your name, kid?" He looked down. "Eric Roma." He mumbled. "Well, Eric, thank you. Do you know which ones attacked my friends?" He pointed to the two bigger guys. "What're their names?" He looked back up. "Hugo and Enric." I ruffled his short brown hair. "Thank you, Eric. I'll report this, and give you some cred. Bye, and don't attack random people. Unless they are nobles who actually have red eyes." They nodded and I kicked my horse. Arlyn and Kai followed close behind. "That was close, guys. Too close." I scolded. "You're lucky I noticed what was happening that fast. And that I noticed the guy behind me." Arlyn looked at me. "Sorry. They caught us off guard. But why didn't Kai notice them? He has kaleik hearing. And how did you even notice the guy behind you? He was deadly quiet. No one could've head him." I looked away and sighed. Kai spoke up. "You'll need to tell him eventually, Auria. And Aida." Arlyn looked at us both weirdly. "You know something I don't. What are you keeping from me?" I looked up. "I think it's going to storm. Let's make a shelter, then we can talk." Arlyn hardened his expression. "Fine. But I'm serious, Auria. You shouldn't keep secrets from me. Especially ones that can save both our lives." We pulled off into a clearing and set up some blankets for a roof. I got a fire going and Kai winced. I finished up quickly and we sat near it. I sighed and started explaining. "Aileene isn't gone. Not yet."