The Decision

Toni: Ken.

Babyface: She...she

Toni (worried): She what?

Toni walked up to Babyface and read the papers from his hands.

Toni: She can't do that Ken.

Babyface: She might. You've never seen Nicole mad, but once she gets upset, all hell and its heat comes.

Tamar: I bet I can match her hell and furry.

Traci: Match it? Mine can cause hers to become extinct.

Trina: Let's all calm down and figure out what's going on. What is she threatening to do?

Babyface: According to this, if I decide not to marry her, she will take full custody of Peyton, and go to the tabloids saying that Toni broke up our relationship.

Towanda: I wish she would.

Toni: She wouldn't be able to keep Peyton full time, would she? She can't!

Vince: How about we all calm down. The kids are in the next room and we don't want them worried. Let's have dinner and we can talk about this afterwards.

Babyface: I agree with Vince, Tone. Let's enjoy some family time and talk later.

Traci: Hurry up before the food gets cold. I can't be eating cold collard greens.

Towanda: That's what's weighing heavy on your conscious right now Tray Ray?

Traci: So ya'll telling me this news ain't stressin' ya'll and making you hungry.

Toni: Far from it.

Traci: I promise you once you have that collard greens with some mashed potatoes in your mouth, your stress level will drop.

Everyone started laughing while they walked into the dining room.

Traci: I'll even bet a $100.

Tamar: Girl hush and take your seat.

Towanda: We go have to pray for her before we eat.

The family ate together and tried to push out what happened earlier, but Toni was in a world of her own. Babyface could sense that she was thinking too much about the situation , but didn't want spoil the mood at the dinner table.

Dessert was served to kids while they were in the playroom and the adults moved to the kitchen with their glasses in hand.

Trina: So what are we gonna do about the Nicole situation?

Babyface: I honestly don't know, but one thing is for sure: Nicole will not get full custody of Peyton.

Vince: I have this great friend of mine, Antoine, who represents the majority of Hollywood with divorces and separations. Do you want me to give him a call?

Babyface: I'd appreciate it man. Tell him that he can charge any amount he wants. I'm fine with any price.

Vince: I'll take his call in the other room and let you know what he says.

Towanda: Since she served you the papers today, that means that we have a few days to come up with witnesses to show that your concerts away from home do not affect your time with Peyton.

Tamar: I'd be glad to testify on your behalf.

Towanda: Same here.

Toni: What if she brings up our relationship? How am I supposed to lie after swearing in?

Babyface walked up to a scarred Toni and held her.

Babyface (inhaling the scent of her hair): Breathe Tone. I don't want you flaring up. You can just tell the truth. It can and should not be used against you. I'll be there with you at all times.