Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"What does that mean, for Sirina?" Tonks asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I think it may be safer, overall, for us to tell Harry the truth." He says quietly. "He could learn to focus on eliminating her from his mind."

"We should....t-tell him?" I ask, looking up, my eyes wide.

Dumbledore nods, a hint of a smile on his lips. "If that's okay with you, and Sirius. Of course."

I nod, smiling. Sirius shoots me a smile before answering Dumbledore. "When and how should we do it?"

"Before they go back to Hogwarts."

"But Sirina is coming back to Romania in two days..." Charlie says, shaking his head. "When will they have a chance?"

"I'm sure you can find time. Sirius?" Dumbledore turns to him.

"We'll work it out." He nods.

"What about everyone else?" I ask, "Ron, Hermione...?" I couldn't say Ginny. She already knows. Even though nobody knows she knows.

"Once Harry knows, it wouldn't be a secret much longer to Ron and Hermione." Remus sighs. "We might as well tell Ginny..."

I look down at my hands, not making eye contact.

"Unless she already knows..." Remus finishes, raising an eyebrow. I look up at him with a slight smile. "Sirina..." He shakes his head.

"She guessed!" I defend. "She asked me directly."

"Well," Dumbledore stands from his seat, "I really should be going now. Have a lovely Christmas. But, before I go...a word, Sirina?"

I nod, following him into the hall. Where I'm sure he knows very well that all of the others are eavesdropping. Or maybe he doesn't, but its sort of hard to miss the fleshy piece that the cat is playing with. Meaning, someone was recently here with an ear. Hopefully Ginny or the Twins.

"I think you're doing wonderfully at Hogwarts, dear." He says with a smile. "Top in your class now, am I mistaken?"

"Oh, I think that's still Hermione.." I giggle nervously. "And Neville is brilliant in Herbology."

He laughs, laying a hand on my shoulder. "You are remarkably like your brother, and your mother as well." I tilt my head to the side, knowing that there are many key differences between Harry and Mum. "You're ohso modest, like Harry. And a brilliant little witch, like Lily."

"Thank you, sir." I say quietly, my breath catching. I'd only ever heard a few times how much I looked like Mum, other than that I've never had anyone know my family to compare us.

"Now, I wanted to talk to you because you're really becoming active in the order." He pauses, looking down at me. "And with that, comes a lot of responsibility. You cannot tell a soul anything we speak of."

"Of course not." I shake my head. "I know not to, sir."

"While I'm so proud of you for raising your voice now. Oh I remember you sitting silently in the corner with your meals..." He chuckles airily. "Anyway, off the topic.." He waves the thought away, literally, with his hand. "I'm also nervous for you. You're still a teenager. Do you feel you can handle the pressure of the order?"

"Yes." I answer strongly.

"Now, while we've kept you out of certain meetings up until now..." He pauses. "I think it would be beneficial to have you at them all. You're really contributing now."

"It would be an honor, professor." I bite my lower lip, fighting back a smile.

"Have a chat with Sirius, then." He smiles at me with a glow in his eyes. "And..." He lowers his voice, "Good luck on your talk with Harry." He winks, then leaves the room.