Chapter Twenty Three

The insistent noise of something buzzing is what finally awakens me from my slumber. (What a posh way of saying an annoying sound wakes me up.)

I groan and flip over onto my front to try and block out the noise. When that fails, I groan again and grab the pillow next to me, shoving it on top of my head.

When it's all silent again and I'm just about to drift off back into the peace and quiet of dreamland, the buzzing starts once again.

"Fucking hell," I grumble, shoving the pillow off of me. Getting up, I locate the noise and it turns out to be a fucking phone - God help whoever's phone it is, disturbing my damn sleep-

Hold on a fucking minute.

Shooting out of the bed - probably the fastest I've ever done that - I grab the phone. The caller ID flashes Flynn and a cute picture of him and Lexis making weird ass faces pops up.

I answer the phone and bring it up to my ear. "Hello?" I call, voice still a bit groggy from having just woken up.

"Faye? Oh thank fuck!" Flynn's voice booms from the other side. "Okay Faye listen up, real quickly. I don't have much time, I've got to go get Lexis-"

Speaking of. He was lying next to me last night but disappeared before I even got up. "Where is he anyways?" I cut him off.

"I'm getting there- wait. Fuck! Faye you're at the cabin right? Remember the spot? I need you to get there right now, like right now and wait there until I call you again on Lexis' phone," Flynn orders and then there's some grunting before a now even more frantic Flynn says, "Faye, get there now!"

"Wait, Flynn what the fuck? Why?" I ask, already on my way.

'The Spot' was basically a hiding place that me and Flynn had discovered a while back. It was hidden incredibly well and we probably wouldn't have found it had it not been for Flynn's stupidness. In Flynn's room, underneath the little rug next to his bed, was a little latch that led to a little room.

We didn't know why it was there or if our grandparents knew about it themselves, but no one else knew about it except for us. We hardly ever used it - the only few times being when we would 'run away'.

Our parents knew about the cabin and when we wouldn't turn up at home or school, the school would eventually send letters and phone calls so they had no choice but to come find us. Thing is, we didn't want to be found. And so, we hid in 'The Spot' - smartly named by Flynn himself.

Just as I manage to push the rug away and open the hatch, there's banging on the door.

"Flynn? Who's banging on the door? Where the fuck are you guys?" I ask impatiently, getting pissed at the lack of answers. If there's one thing I hate, it's being left in the dark.

"Fuck they're already there! He was meant to distract them- okay, okay. Faye are you in?"

Climbing down the ladder, I shut the latch and through the small hole carved by yours truly, I tug the rug over it. "Yeah, I'm there," I say, jumping down and turning on the one light bulb.

The light flickers for a while before glowing bright enough for me to see what I'm doing. The room was about the size of an average bathroom - big enough for Flynn and I.

There was an old couch, a mini fridge that had no use seeing as there were no sockets to plug it into filled with whatever snacks we last left, a couple books, a mattress we'd managed to squish down into there - with much trouble, I assure you - and a couple board games.

All in all, it wasn't extravagant or something that would make you gasp in amazement, but it was enough for us.

"Faye, no natter what you hear, stay the fuck down there, okay? Do not move until I call. Don't even trust texts because they may not be me. I've got to go now, but no matter what-"