Chapter 7

Keegan's POV

After Cam and I cleaned the kitchen I went up to Steve's room and logged into the school website. I didn't have any new assignments but I did have a message from the school saying my books would be arriving with in 2-3 days. I smiled. I don't normally get all happy about school work but I'm starting school in Hawaii. Why wouldn't I love that even if I am homeschooled? I shut my laptop and placed it on the floor under the bed. I have no absolute clue where my phone is so I climbed out of bed and went downstairs. Steve was on the couch sleeping. I glanced over at the tv. He was watching the Patriots vs. the Broncos. I sat on the opposite end of the couch and started to watch the game. It was only the first half and the Broncos had scored two touchdowns. What were the Patriots doing. Both teams are really good and are undefeated so far but I wanted the Patriots to beat the breaks off the Broncos.

       After about an hour and a half it was almost the end of the second half with ten seconds on the clock. The Patriots had the ball and they were only a few yards away from the end zone. The Broncos were leading by a field goal 37-34 if Tom Brady throws the ball perfectly  they could possibly win the game and remain undefeated. I got up from the couch and squatted in front of the tv. David Andrews snapped ball back to Brady who made a snap decision and tossed the ball to Jamie Collins he caught it scoring a touchdown. I jumped up and did my happy dance. While I was dancing I noticed Steve laughing. I stopped dancing and looked at him. I smiled in embarrassment. "How much of that did you see," I asked? From when you got off the couch. I laughed the plopped next to Steve. "That reminds me of the day we first met," Steve said. I smiled. That was a crazy day for us both. You know what? It was but I don't regret it. Neither do I.

      Steve pulled me in for a hug a placed a kiss on my forehead. "Night girly," he said. Night--. You can call me dad. Goodnight Steve. I went up to Steve's room and got comfortable in the bed then read my book for a while then went to bed. Early the next morning I climbed out of bed then did my morning routine and dressed as if I was going running which I am. I grabbed my headphones and phone then went downstairs as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. Steve placed something on the coffee table as he was about to leave. "Good morning," I said gracefully. Hey I thought you'd be sleeping. Nah. I have a few things for you. Ok. Steve picked up the key he placed on the coffee table as I was coming downstairs a few moments ago. "This goes to the front door and back door," he said. The code to the alarm system is 43268 and there's money in the kitchen in the cookie jar if you want to order a pizza or something while I'm at work. Ok and thanks. When I come home we can possibly go get dinner. Alright. If something goes wrong you have my number and Danno's is on the fridge. Gotcha. Steve kissed my forehead before leaving. I went into the kitchen and noticed a few things. There were about three pink cups on the counter. One was a reusable water bottle, the others were bottles I can put smoothies in. "Thanks Steve," I thought. I did a few stretches then went out the back and ran along the beach.

     While I was running I started thinking about the things I haven't don't that I normally do since I been here on this beautiful island. I haven't made any friends besides Cameron, I haven't been to they gym just to kill time, I haven't really been outside the house. I ran about three miles away from home then ran back. When I got to the house I unlocked the back door and went inside as the doorbell rang. We have one of those? I grabbed a bottled water out the fridge then went answer the door. I opened it to find Cameron standing there. I smiled at his appearance. "Hey,"he said. Hi. I came to ask of you wanted to go to a bonfire with me just at the end of the beach. Umm sure and can I ask who's going to be there? Me, Collins, my friend Misty, Zach and his little brother. It's going to be other people that you'll meet when you get there. Ok. See you around eight-ish. Ok. I shut the door and went to take a shower. After my shower I called Steve. "McGarrett," he said. Hi. Hey Keegan. Umm Cameron invited me to a bonfire at the other end of the beach. Can I go? Uh sure what time. Eight-ish. Alright. See ya later. See ya. I hung up the phone and went downstairs. I opened the fridge searching for food but came across nothing so I opened the freezer and discovered... CHICKEN! It was froze so I had to wait about an hour before I could dice it up and add it to some fried rice and veggies.