Rhys X Reader AU

Where did he come from?!?
-
-
-

Today has to have been the worst day for me.

First, I slept through my alarm clock and arrived 30 minutes late to work, wearing what I wore the day before because apparently every piece of clothing I own is in the dirty laundry. Next my boss Assquez, whoops I mean Vasquez, lectured me on how getting to work early was important for my career and then proceeded to threaten to fire me if I did it again. Then as soon as soon as I step outside of his office I ran into the new intern who was holding a drink carrier filled with hot coffee and espresso that went all down the front of my clothes and scalding my sensitive skin. Lastly, I stayed 2 hours after office closing hours because I was behind on paperwork and Vasquez was too lazy to do his own and decided to dump it all on my desk for me to do.

Yeah, definitely not one of my best days.

I focused on the dark road in front of me as I speedily made my way towards my apartment building. "As soon as I get in," I thought, "I'm going to have some major cuddling time with Rhys."

Rhys is my goofball of a boyfriend who lives with me in our small apartment we share, who also works for a company called Hyperion. He is so caring, charming, and a huge dork. He (almost) always says the right things and can make anyone's day 10 times better. Now that I think of it, our 5 year anniversary is coming up and I need to get him something. Well, whatever it is I get him I know he'll appreciate it. Even if it was just a tub of ice cream and an old movie.

I turned at the corner of the apartment building and into the parking lot. I hastily grabbed my purse and headed into the building lobby.

"Hello, Miss (Y/N). I hate tell you this, since you look like you're in a rush but, the elevator is out of order." Carl, the building's security guard informs me.

"Thanks, Carl." I visibly cringe and make my way towards the stairs and up to the 4th floor. "Oh great," I say to myself, "what else could go wrong tonight?"

After walking up 4 flights of stairs, I finally make it up to my apartment. I fling open the door, not bothering to close it back. I make my way over to the couch and fall face first into a pillow. I then screamed into the pillow, releasing my built up frustration.

I turn on my back and stared at the white ceiling and noticed how unusually quiet the apartment is. I check my wrist watch. 10:38 P.M. That's odd, Rhys is usually home by now. "He's probably in the shower," I thought. I slowly made my way off the couch and into the bedroom.

"Rhys," I called "Rhys, are you in here?" No answer.

The bathroom door is closed and I can hear water running on the other side. I put my ear up to the door and heard him singing. I smiled at the sound of his deep voice that filled the air.

"Rhys," I knocked on the door, "just wanted to let you know that I'm home."

He cut off his song in the middle of whatever he was singing, and started to move about the small room. I could hear items falling off of the counter and onto the floor and him mumbling.

"Are you all right?" I asked worried.

"Perfectly fine, honey!" He replied with what almost sounded like a nervous laugh.

I grabbed for the door knob but it was locked. "Why is the door locked? Rhys what's going on in there?" I demanded.

"It's alright, everything's-- hey! Get back in the tub!" I heard water being splashed around in the tub and onto the floor.