"I brought the flowers you asked for" Victoria said excitedly.  

"I can see that. Thank you" Jennet said without taking the flowers and closed her eyes again. 

"Should I keep them there?" 

"Sure" she replied without even opening her eyes. 

Few minutes passed and she heard Victoria's concerned voice "Are you alright lady Jennet?" 

"Yes" 

"You look sad"

 "Little bit" Jennet said still not looking at Victoria. 

"I understand... Who wouldn't be? Any girl would be sad if she had to marry that vicious man... Oh my god... What have said" Victoria said shockingly covering her mouth. 

This got Jennet's attention as she opened her eyes and said "Why do you say such thing?" 

"I am sorry lady Jennet, I shouldn't have said that" 

"It’s ok... I won't tell anyone... I don't like him either" 

"Then why are you marrying him?"  

"It’s complicated... Jennet said thoughtfully and asked her "You tell me why you don’t like Stefan?" 

"Stefan is nice I don't like his brother Darien. He is very rude, especially with women" 

"Really?" 

"Is he not rude with you?" 

"Yes he is" Jennet lied suppressing her smile. She knew what Victoria was saying wasn't true but she doesn't want to lose her chance of making a friend in this strange world. She might learn something important from her. 

Victoria was saying "Last year after becoming the king his father tried to get him married to a girl but Darien refused. And when few girls tried to seduce him, he threw them out of his chamber" 

Jennet couldn't help and laughed out loud unable to control herself when she imagined Darien getting rid of seducers. 

"I see you are having a good time my dear" Stefan said standing in the doorway. 

Immediately Jennet's amusement turned into annoyance seeing him "I was until you showed your face" she snapped at him. 

Stefan's smile vanished immediately "Go and get a bath prepared for lady Jennet" he barked at Victoria, the girl ran away quickly to follow the orders. 

"You better watch your tongue in front of people my dear... I am sure you wouldn't want your two precious people to get hurt" Stefan came close and whispered in her ears. 

"Dare you touch my daughter" Jennet growled.  

"Only concerned for your daughter? I thought you cared for Darien also... Don't you?" 

"I do... But I know you wouldn't hurt him" 

"What makes you think that?" Stefan asked with amusement. 

"Because you are scarred of him, you can't fight with him" she said coolly. 

"I am stronger than him and now I have the curse & pride also. I have nothing to fear" 

"You have and you know that. The curse & pride is Darien's sword, he can summon it even if its in your hand. That's why you kidnapped me to get to her. You know if you that he can beat you again like he did in the combat festival" Jennet said with anger. 

"I see my brother has told you a lot about us but don't be fooled by his bragging. I can kill him right now if I want" Stefan said smiling and as Jennet opened her mouth to say something he shook his index finger at her saying "No no no... He can't do anything. He venerable without his sword and its impenetrable shield. Maybe he can defeat me but remember my friend Tiatan? He is still on earth and keeping eyes on him and nothing will please him more then to kill Darien, he only awaits my signal"  

"You wouldn't" 

"Try me... One wrong word out of your mouth and Darien is dead. Now get ready, my parents has invited you for dinner. I will come back in an hour to take you" he said before walking out of the room. Jennet kept staring at his back angrily and If a stare could kill, Stefan would be dead by now. 

She didn't know how long she stood there like that thinking about Tanya and Darien. Even the thought of that scary beast Tiatan following Darien made her sick to her stomach. 

"Your bath is ready lady Jennet" Jennet jumped startled by Victoria's voice but controled herself soon enough and deftly wiped away her tears before turning towards her and masking her anger asked sweetly "Would you see to my clothes for dinner while I have bath?" 

"Sure... what would you like to wear?" Victoria asked opening a big cupboard filled with beautiful gowns and matching sandals. before Jennet could ask Victoria gave answer to her question "Darien brought all these before you came here" 

"Really?" Jennet asked unbelievingly. 

"Aye... I think you should wear this blue one" Victoria said taking out a light blue gown with silver work on it.  

"Okay..." Jennet said half heartedly walking away.

Please vote or comment if you like this story and please check out my new story (Soon after the darkness falls) I would love to hear from you all...:-))