Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" I asked, getting up with the help of Liam.

" My lovely she wolf took on the burden of protecting you weak betas. Oh and that alpha." Roman said, nodding towards Scott. I looked over at my friend who looked just as broken as Lexi. Unlike her he wasn't standing up though.

"And Isaac?" I asked. I followed Roman's gaze to the crumpled up body a few feet away from Scott, closer to Nathan. "How long was I knocked out?" I asked.

"Less than three minutes." Liam whispered.

"Then how-"

I was cut off by Roman being in front of me, covering five feet in less than a second. " No more games. You all die today." He growled in a voice that was barely human. He brought his hand back to slap me but I caught it as it came down. I held on and twisted my body to the right, bringing up my leg for a kick that connected to his jaw. He barely moved as he grabbed my leg with his free hand and turned on his heel, tossing me effortlessly through the air. I dragged my hand against the ground, trying to catch myself as I tumbled. I stood back up, moving my arm around as I looked back up and he was there again. He brought his fist around and I brought my arms up to protect my face.

Lexi ran forward me with anger in her eyes as she jumped in the air. Her flip was graceful, despite her serious injuries as she brought her leg down on Roman's extended arm. Her leg was met by spikes protruding out of it and she yelled in pain.

It was Liam who tan forward next as I revolves my arms in a circle to remove his fist from before me. I pushed out as hard as I could, my palms connecting with his chest. He stumbled backwards as Liam chopped him in the back if the neck.

Roman turned, grabbing Liam's face in a blur and lifted up with his berserker strength. He brought Liam down against the ground with such force that the ground cracked from the impact.

"I'm sorry dear but this is against Stiles, Lexi, and I." Roman whispered. The blood that left Liam's mouth had me seeing red as rage flared through me.

"You bastard!" I screamed.

" There was no bloodlust in those golden eyes. He could've never killed me." He said softly.

Lexi came and stood beside me, a minor limp in her step. I was so tired still from his little mind games that I had to keep clawing at my own hand to keep me awake with adrenaline.

"So what, you want to die?" Lexi asked him. Roman didn't answer it, his eyes looking slightly troubled.

"You so don't you." I whispered, realization finally settling in. "Why?"

"I just want to know what it's like when you die." He said quietly.

There was moment of silence before Lexi started to laugh. "Well we'd be happy to grant you that wish."

"I'm not going down easily however, you have to be worthy of killing me."

I looked over at Lexi, who simply nodded, and we took off charging at him in unison. Everything became a blur of body parts. Lexi struck out with a punch, to which Roman dodged sideways, putting him in reach of my punch. He leaned back just out of my arm's reach and brought both of his claws down on my arm, digging into them and dragging his arms down, leaving a long gash. My arm flared up from his toxin, the pain just adding unto the adrenaline that was keeping me awake.

Lexi's elbow connected with Roman's nose, a cracking sound reaching our ears as the black blood started to drip down his face. He gave us a satisfied smile as he slashed at us with those spikes on his foreman. I couldn't even hear the sound that emitted from them anymore, thankfully, which meant he was speeding up. His slashes were becoming more difficult to dodge as time went on. He was like a rabid animal, glaring at me with pure hatred yet a hint of admiration.

I didn't know how to react around him anymore. Then out of nowhere I felt a sudden pang in my arm. I looked over and saw a spike sticking inside and traced it back to his fingers. He smiled softly as he withdrew the nail and came towards me again, his leg raised high. It came down as soon as I brought my arms up in a defensive maneuver, the force strong enough to bring me to my knees. He kept adding pressure as Lexi ran at him, his spikes growing larger in her direction, causing her to pause.

"It's the ultimate defense." He whispered to me. I looked over at Lexi's confused expression as she tried to calculate a way to get pass his defenses. I grabbed a hold of his leg and was about to attack when he kicked off with his other leg, his foot connecting with my jaw. My teeth clamped together, partially biting off part of my tongue and knocking some loose. I felt the blood fill my mouth as I recovered.

"Come on Stiles, Lexi, you have to be better than that. Smarter, faster, stronger than the others. You have to be the ultimate hunters."

"Fuck you!" Lexi yelled, running towards him again. Like last time his spikes flew towards her, though this time she slid underneath them, her momentum giving her the ability to slide. Roman smiled as he flicked his wrists, changing the direction of the spies and hitting her in her leg.

She howled in pain but didn't let that stop her. She recovered and started to run again and I joined her. Coming from two different directions. I saw Roman change his stance and I knew we had to finish this soon before we both died.

**A/N: So much intense for the final chapter! I know I can hardly believe it. Who will win? With me you never know to be honest. Hope you all enjoyed the update!**