Prologue

A/N: Okay, so...Weirdmageddon, right? Well...we're just going to say that the journals are fine, and Bill somehow came back...or something like that... Actually, there probably won't be very much in reference to Weirdmageddon other than the occasional accusations, and whatnot...yeah...okay...I will change things if I need to, so...CONTINUE! Oh, and one more thing... I SUCK AT BEING BILL! GAHHHH!!! So, please forgive me...

The night air was cool and crisp, the wind tearing at Dipper's vest and shirt. As he traipsed through the forest, his journal clutched tightly in his arms, he felt as though someone, no....something was watching him. The boy spun around, expecting to catch his stalker off guard, but he was greeted by nothing but silent darkness. Dipper shivered and kept walking. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a tree open an eye and he immediately spun to face it, but the tree was as dormant as it had always been, no eye to be seen. A laugh echoed through the maze of trees, resonating off their many branches and circling Dipper like vultures. Dipper held his journal close to his chest, his jaw tight.

"It's just a dream...all you have to do is wake up..." Dipper whispered to himself. The laugh sounded again and Dipper cringed.

"Pine Tree, Pine Tree! Come on, now, we both know that's not true!" Dipper spun this way and that, trying to locate the voice.

"Where are you? Show yourself!" Dipper demanded.

"I'm in your dreams, kid!" Came the unhelpful response. Dipper narrowed his eyes, his teeth clenched.

"Get out of my head! All I want is one night of decent sleep!" He snarled. The laugh came again, this time right behind Dipper.

"Aw, but that's no fun! It's been a whole year since last summer! You've been gone a while!" Dipper spun around, but still there was nothing.

"You weren't gone long enough!" He shouted back, his spine tingling at the feeling of being watched.

"Aw, you don't mean that, Pine Tree!" The voice was moving, circling around him, making his head hurt, his vision spin.

"Where are you?!" Dipper shouted desperately. Everything stopped spinning and a single eye appeared in front of him.

"Closer than you think."

Dipper jumped awake, his heart racing. He put a hand to his head, closing his eyes in an attempt to calm himself. Dipper glanced over at his clock, which read 5:45am. Dipper sighed and sat up. No point in try to go back to sleep. The sun was beginning to rise, shining its light through the attic window. The pattern of the window on the floor reminded Dipper of his nightmare and he put his head in his hands. Dipper Pines loved Gravity Falls, but...was coming back really worth Bill's torture? At least at home he had gotten some rest. Which led to another question. Why wasn't Bill able to enter his dreams back home? That didn't make any sense, since the mindscape accessed every mind that wasn't protected. Dipper laughed slightly and looked over at Mabel, who was still fast asleep in her bed. So much had changed since Gideon summoned the isosceles monster almost four years ago, but Gravity Falls had changed the least. Still filled with mysteries and secrets, still so much to be discovered and uncovered. And there was one mystery Dipper had been meaning to investigate for quite some time. And the dream demon was making it all too easy to begin his investigation...

A/N: I'm not at all happy with this chapter, but...oh well. Maybe you guys will like it? I dunno... *sigh* I tried...