Part 3: Running Fever

The next morning Engie walked into Medic's room to check on how he was doing after their fusion, remembering when he started breathing out smoke. Engie didn't knock on the back door of the lab but just walked into Medic's room. The air in the room was muggy and made Engie's lungs heavy. He struggled to breathe correctly and walked over to Medic's side, gently shaking him awake. Medic turned in his bed to face Engie, "Vhy are you in here..." Most of his energy was drained along with the color from his face, besides his nose and ears being bright red.
Engie frowned at the sight of Medic's poor condition and put a hand up to his forehead, "I think you got a fever doc.." "I'll be fine, just gotta shake it off." Medic tried pushing it away and stood up, immediately cringing as a burning sensation rose in his chest and smoke started to spew out from his mouth. Engie panicked and helped Medic stand up straight, "Cmon, I made Pyro go have breakfast with everyone so the operating table is empty. Unless you wanna stay in this room all day.." Engie looked back to the foggy room and Medic just nodded along with him. They moved over to the operating table and Engie sat him down, looking around and grabbing several medical tools he was familiar with, "Smoke.. It must've been from fusin' with Pyro.." Medic just kept nodding and made sure his mouth was shut, keeping his arms wrapped tight around his chest.
"Alright doc, I gotta check your temperature." He pulled out a thermometer and signaled for Medic to open his mouth. Reluctantly he did so and Engie stuck the thermometer under his tongue. Engie walked over the Medic's bathroom to grab a bundle of medicine, bringing it back to set them all down on the tray. Once he set them all down he took the thermometer out from Medic's mouth and took a good look, "104.. Should I give you Advil?" Medic just shrugged in response and went to stand up again. Engie noticed and quickly ran over, making him stay seated, "You're not leavin' this room 'till you get some medicine."
Engie shook his head and grabbed a water bottle and two pills, handing them to Medic. Medic just looked at him and took the pills, downing them with water and having a short coughing fit after. "Good, now if ya want I can help ya out.." Medic stood up and leaned against Engie, still keeping quiet. Engie just looked at him worriedly and the two walked out to the break room. Engie sat Medic down on the couch and started walking over to the kitchen, "I'll make ya some soup, that should help.."
After Engie left to go make Medic some soup, Sniper and Scout walked in while talking to each other. Well, it was more of a one sided conversation. Scout was bragging about how amazing he was at the battle the other day and Sniper just pretended to listen, until he noticed Medic sitting on the couch. He rushed over and soon came to a halt seeing how bad Medic's condition was, "You look awful.." Medic narrowed his eyes and looked away, keeping his mouth shut, "Look, doc I'm sorry about what I did.. But out of all people why are you sick?" "Fusion.." Medic managed to say before going into another coughing fit and having smoke come out of his mouth. Engie walked back in the room with a bowl of soup and set it down on a table, rushing over to Medic's side, he was in clear panic. Soon after the smoke died down and eventually his coughing did too. Medic slowly stood up and managed to walk by Sniper and Engie, doing their best to stop him.
After walking down what seemed like a never ending hallway, Medic finally made it down to Pyro's room which was isolated from the rest. He didn't even bother to knock on the door but just barged in. Pyro was sitting on his bed, playing with a couple dolls Heavy made for him. Pyro looked up and frowned seeing how poor Medic's condition was. Medic brushed it off and held his hand out for Pyro. Pyro dropped the dolls and took his hand, muffling a giggle. The two fused into Burn-Ward and covered the room in ashes. He walked out and made it into the mess hall, dissapointed in seeing only dirty plates. Steam poured out from his mask as he grew angry. He let it go and decided to go to the last place either of them saw people, the break room. Once Burn-Ward entered Sniper and Engie who were sitting on the couch looked up to him, disappointed and scared.
Burn-Ward kneeled down so he seemed a bit shorter as Engie stood up from the couch, "Un-fuse, now!" Burn-Ward just stared at him and soon picked him up, moving him around and taking his glove off to see his robotic hand. "Put me down!" Burn-Ward looked at him slightly shocked at the sudden rise of tone in his voice. He gently put Engie down and sat on the floor, looking at the ground. The two un-fused and Pyro walked away quickly before anyone could say anything. Medic fell on the floor and started coughing uncontrollably, "Doc.." Engie put his glove back on and walked over to him.

A few days later Medic's fever went down, but him and Pyro weren't allowed to get close to each other. Sniper kept a close eye on Medic at all times and apologized most of the times. He even suggested that they should fuse but Medic said he still wasn't well enough. Sniper understood but just looked disappointed, hoping this fever would go down quick.