Chapter 11: : Almost there...

~Alejandra's POV~

So we made it to Tennessee! I'm so excited. We only have about a 3 day journey left to get to Albany New York. I can't wait to see my little Angel again! I miss her sweet voice. Her beautiful long blonde hair. Those big blue eyes. I was interrupted by a familiar voice.

'Alex there's a stench and I think it's coming from you...' Colt mind linked me. Since we are wolves and we are running at like 25 miles per hour, it's easier to mind link then talk.

'And why do you think it's coming from me?'

'Because I'm running behind you and you smell like B.O....'

'Gee thanks, let's stop at this river up ahead and freshen up'

'Alright I'll mind link Kylie about it.'

So when we reached the river, I shifted into my human form. I went down the river a little ways so no one can see me wash.(In case your wondering where their clothes go when they shift, I'll tell you. Their clothes turn into their fur. So when they shift back, their fur turns into their clothes) I take off my all black converse, black V-neck shirt, white tank top, undergarments, and light blue skinny jeans and set them on a low branch in a tree. Just in case anything tries to take my clothes. As I get into the stream, I feel shivers run up an down my spine. It's so cold. But it feels better than being dirty.

~After washing~

I get dried off by shifting into my wolf and shaking my body. I shifted back and grabbed my clothes. I put on my undergarments then my skinny jeans. After, I grab my tank top slip it on and layer my black V-neck on top of it. Finally I grab my socks and all black converse and jump into them. I went over to where Colt was washing and I saw he was done. Well washing at least. Before I said anything, he put on his white tee shirt. He had abs....8 of them...*shivers*.

"Hey you done?" I yelled pretending I didn't see him hide those mountains under his shirt.

"Yea. Are you?" He turned around and walked over to me.

"Yea. Do you know where Kylie washed up?" I asked looking up and down the stream for her.

"Not really. I saw her walk up the river. You guys walked in separate directions so I stayed in the middle." He replied pointing up stream.

"Alright I'll mind link her to see where she is."

'Kylie, it's Alex. Are you done washing up?'

'Yea I'm on my way back'

'When you get back, we're gonna take off again so catch your breath.'

'Alright' * cuts mind link*

"She's on her way back." I told Colt as he was tying his shoes.

"Alright cool. So we're going north from here right? Into Kentucky?" Colt asked as he stood up.

"Yea I guess. But after we exit the the little piece of Kentucky we have to go through, we're gonna cut through Pennsylvania." I replied as I was waving hi to Kylie when she walked up.

"Alright I'm ready to go! Let's get moving. And by the way, I washed up Rufus with a piece of cloth I found in the river. It was dirty but Rufus was dirtier. He's clean now. Well as clean as he's gonna get." She told us as she shifted into her beige wolf.

"Thanks Kylie! Way to think! And yea your right, let's get moving." I replied as I was shifting into my pure white wolf. When I told Kylie how nice it was to wash Rufus, she nodded her head. Then Colt transformed into his black as night wolf. Rufus barked and we ran as fast as we can northwards.

~After passing through Tennessee and Kentucky~

'Do you think she's still alive?' I heard Kylie's voice come into my head.

'I hope so. Actually, I KNOW so. She's the strongest little girl I've met. She can handle being without us for a few days.' I mind linked back to her.

'Oh...okay. I hope so too. I never met her. She got kidnapped before I came to your house remember? I hope I get to meet her one day. And that she's as sweet and kind as you say she is.'

'She is. Don't worry. You can visit with her all you want when we rescue her and take her home. I'm sure you'll fall in love with her.' I shed a tear, thinking about her innocent little smile. I feel sadness come over me. I shed another.

'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad. I just wanted to know'

'It's alright. Don't worry about it. Just keep running' I shake the tears off my snout and keep running.

~In Pennsylvania at sunset~

"Alright you guys know the drill! Up the tree!" Yelled Kylie as she clapped her hands together and then pointing to the branches that grow about 65 feet in the air.

So instead of Kylie going up first, I spring onto the tree and sink my front and back paws into the bark. I slowly start to claw the bark bringing my self up foot by foot. I got up to the first stable branch and caught Rufus. I put Rufus on the very top stable branch. I get back down to a middle branch and shift into my human self again. Kylie comes up and gets on the branch with Rufus. She shifts back and then cuddles with Rufus like he was a toy. Last but not least, Colt comes up and believe it or not, he lays on my branch. I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but it seems like I belong with him. Like, he's my mate. I know it sounds dumb and stupid but I read about that kind of stuff and it happens to wolves. Newsflash! I'm part wolf.

Anyways, as Colt gets into my branch, he picks me up and puts me in between his legs and I lay my head on his chest. I missed that feeling. I feel safe with him. I feel like I never want to leave his arms. But I know I have to. It seems that everyday, every night, that our bond is growing.

As I lay my head on his chest, I can hear his heart beat. It's not going very fast. It's at a steady pace, like he's relaxing on a couch. He's always like that.

So as I start to drift off into slumber, I start to dream about Mia...

(WAIT TILL NEXT CHAPTER TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED IN ALEX'S DREAM!)

Enjoy the cliffhanger ;)