Chapter 2

I glared at my cousin as she burst out laughing as thought what I had said was the most funniest thing she has ever seen.

It wasn't that funny. In fact it wasn't funny at all. It was messed up that was what it was.

"Sophia its not funny. I don't want to go with him. All I am is a way to get in my father's good side. Men don't really like me for the way I look." I said.

"Well who can blame them Vanessa. You scare them off. You won't let them love you." She said.

"They have the right to know my condition. Am I so wrong to let them know." I said.

"And what about Drako. He loved you dearly and you lef-"

"He wanted something I couldn't give him." I cut her off and walked away.

I didn't want to talk more about him. Not him. I worked hard to forget him and our time together and I want about to start remembering now. But I guess Sophia had a different idea.

"And what was that Vanessa? Love? Yourself?" She asked.

"Children! Happy. I couldn't give him children?" I snapped.

"What do you mean? Your eggs are just fine."she said.

I rolled my eyes at my cousin she was so dense sometimes.

"Not my eggs Sophia. I wouldn't dare punish my child like that. I wouldn't burden the world with such.....illness." I said.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I dropped down on my bed looking straight ahead at the wall.

"I'm talking about me Sophia. I know my parents wish I was normal. They wish that I didnt have it. But I do. I don't like seeing them that way. They worry so much about me. When I was young everyday I wished that I could be like the other kids. That I didn't need the extra help. But I did." I said.

"Autism is not a bad thing and you grew out of it." She said.

"You can never grow out of autism. There are still times I zone out while people talk and don't act like you were always there. You hated me because of what I had. And I couldn't blame you. The truth is Sophia I am tired of being the item. The tool. That's all I ever was. I want a man to love me. But.... Nevertheless this is off topic. Arent you suppose to be going out with Jennifer." I asked.

She looked at me and sighed. She knew I no longer wanted to talk about it.

Ruxins POV

"Man I dare toy to fuck her." My best friend andthony said.

"I'm not going to fuck her. I need this deal. Why would I jeopardize that by doing a stupid thing like that." I asked.

"I'll give youthree hundred thousand dollars. Three hundred thousand for having sex with her in.....I'll even do you one better. I'll give you two months." He said.

"Oh I only need a month." I said.

He smiled at me and grabbed my hand shaking it and patting my back. This was going to be a peace of cake.

Vanessa's POV

I glared at the reflection and groaned.

"No matter how hard you concentrate you can't change the image in the mirror norbcan you change the mirror itself." Sophia said

"Its not that. I don't want to go with him. I wish father would have allowed me to go on my own. I don't like him." I said.

"Are you still upset at him for what he did at the mall yesterday. Girl that was twenty four hours ago. Let it go." She said.

"No. You don't understand. I just catch a bad vibe from him. And its just I don't know. Something is telling me not to trust. Not to even like him. My instinct is telling me to stay as far away from him as I can." I said.

"Girl you are just still upset from yesterday you will be okay. Its not like you are going to marry him. Calm down. Its one night only. Which reminds me I need to go watch dream girls." She said.

"I can't believe you made that connection." I said.

She smiled and just as we began to laugh the door bell rung and I sighed. Well here goes nothing.

"Girl you gonna have fun." She said.

I gave her a small smile.

"I hope you are right." I said and went to open the door.

I stood frozen at the door looking at the person standing before. If sstan had a vessel I'm sure this would be him. He had this dark auora around him. And then it was like he was sculptured by gods. And his tux was so right on him.

"Are you ready. The sooner this is over the better." He said.

Well. So much for the having a good evening. This was gonna be a long night.

"Of course." I said and followed him to his car.

I got there before him and opened it not wanting him to act anymore out of character on my account.

He looked pissed off but I didn't care. I just really wanted to be at the ball and listening to the many stories of animals finding homes.

A few minutes later.......

I shook my head and sighed. If I had known this lady was the host I would have left but I didn't want to be rude.

I heard a long drawled out sigh and glanced at my "date" out the corner of my eye. He glanced around bored and messing with things like a child.

A few seconds ago he was flirting with some blonde chick and she was giggling a storm. Obviously he got what he accomplished because she got up excusing herself from her table and came over to "go to the bathroom" but she "accidentally" bumped into him.

I wasn't dump. And I surely wasn't stupidm I knew when a woman was giving a man her phone number. And I saw him shamelessly out it in his pocket. By I shrugged. It wasn't as if we were going out with each other or something. This was a one time deal. One that I was slowly regretting and will not be happening again.

He groaned again and pulled out his phone. Was he playing a game. How could he be bored when there were animals being hurt everyday. Yea they may not seem important but animals were. They really were.

He was beginning to be a nuisance. If he did one morething...........

He sighed again and slouched.

That was it. I signaled the waiter and she came over. I wrote out two checks and handed them to her instructing her to give them to the hostess and also giving her a hundred dollars to get the job done.

"Something has come up. Take me home please." I said.

He stood and turned. But I didn't miss the look of relief cross his face. This was never ever happen in again. I thought to myself as the door closed.

Never ever.