Keep me from straying, keep me close

May Theia bless of us all...

Del waited until the lullaby of Aletheia finished before she approached and greeted the owner of the most beautiful voice she had ever known.

"Salli."

The woman who was called Salli turned, half-surprised to see the person who greeted her.

"Del" Then she gave a bear hug - a little too tight to make Del almost difficult to breathe.

"Okay, Salli. We met one cycle a month ago, you're always overreacting." Del laughed after a successful escape from the clutches of a woman she had regarded as her own older sister.

Salli was about to embrace Del for the second time, but Del was faster to take a few steps back, gave the distance a few feet between them.

"Yes, but I saw you at the academy! What kind of lieutenant that never give any news back home? Communicator has been developing rapidly and you can call or send a message within a moment at least!" Salli said with exasperation. She advanced, approaching Del who insisted on standing out of her 'hug' range.

"Lieutenant who is in half the solar cycle will be 24 years old." Del expression changed when Salli mentioned the word 'home'. She finally asked the question that for months she had been keeping inside. "How is... Chancellor Solus?" The question had left a bitter taste on her tongue.

"Your father is fine. Like you, he is using me as a messenger to make sure you are doing fine at the academy. You two should stop this ridiculous cold war!"

Del smiled, "You're not my father's messenger, Salli. You are the First Protector of Solus family heir ..."

"You. I'm your First Protector. The work becomes very difficult when the subject should I protect always dodge and run away from home to a place full of war and conflict." Del noticed that Salli slightly trembled when talking about topics that Del would like to avoid.

"... I'd rather you as an annoying sister than a baby sitter ... I can take care of myself."

"No one doubt it, Del. You're the youngest Lieutenant ever appointed by ORI Alliance. Although some idiots think you achieve this feat because of your father ... I and the other sane people know that you are what you are because of your ability and your stubbornness. "

Del smiled broadly.

"So ... what brings you back?" Salli asked.

"Commander Quentin ordered me to meet Chancellor Solus regarding the foreign object that was detected earlier in the Border Land of Ori."

Salli nodded, "I've heard about it. They say the object is very dangerous even the Elementals are sending some of their spies to investigate the object."

Del winced, "Salli ... where did you get that information?"

"If I tell you, can I come with you on your next mission?" Salli tried.

Del shook her head, the woman who was five years older than her really is something else indeed. Salli never gave up. "The mission of the Alliance ORI must not specify any other civilian or military along. We directly report to the High Leaders ..."

"You mean those selfish fat old men who always hide when held accountable for their fuck up policies?" It was not a secret if the indigenous people of the Ori did not like their political leaders. Until this point, the policy made by the High Leaders were only creating more war and enemies with other tribes in Aletheia.