10

Mikey's not sure how road trips work are supposed to work, but so far, it isn't too bad.

The minute high school graduation was over, Patrick, Joe, Andy, Brendon, Ryan, Frank and Mikey divided into two teams and practically ran to Patrick and Brendon's house. Gabe and William said they weren't going, but showed up at Brendon's place with the balloons that Mikey had asked for.

"I can't drive with balloons," Frank complained, but shoved them into his minivan anyways, along with food, clothes, and whatever other necessities Patrick has written on their list.

(It's not written down, but Brendon brings his mixtape anyways. 13 hours is a long drive, and they need something to sing along to.)

The road trip goes well. Mikey stays in Brendon's car, with Brendon, Ryan, and Frank. They sing along to Taylor Swift. They talk about the last four years of high school and their favorite stories. It's nice to reminisce.

At one point, Jamia Nestor calls. Frank puts her on speaker, and when she asks, "Where are you guys going again?" Brendon yells, "WE'RE OFF TO CLAIM WHAT IS OURS."

Frank laughs so hard he actually has to stop the car. Patrick calls seconds later, asking if they're okay, and Brendon just yells something about them being too slow.

Pete would love this, Mikey thinks. Two years ago, since Pete left, it's been a habit to think about Pete whenever something good happens. Pete would like this. Pete should be here. Pete, Pete, Pete....

That night, they stop at 24 hour McDonalds. Mikey and Joe go buy food, but when they return to the two cars, everyone is dead asleep, curled up like kittens. Mikey takes a picture and they draw mustaches and dicks on everyone, because if he didn't, that would be a fucking waste.

(The next morning, Mikey wakes up with a penis on his arm, like a tattoo. Suddenly it's not the funniest thing anymore.)

They make it to Wilmette, Illinois, at 1:30pm, and Mikey texts Pete Be home at 2:30 xo.

Pete replies, and Mikey desperately wants to message him back, but ignores it. They play i-spy until they make it to the right house.

It takes them ten minutes to set up. No one can find the hose so they make do, using the box of water guns from back of Patrick's car. Mikey has heart shaped balloons and a dozen red roses in one hand, soaking wet, and covered in fucking glitter. Who even brings glitter on a road trip? Brendon Fucking Urie, that's who.

Mikey is grinning, though, as he steps to the front door. It's not exactly pouring rain, but the crew try their best, spraying water with their water guns. He rings the doorbell.

For a moment, nothing happens, and Mikey panics. But then the door flings open and there's Pete, now blonde, but grinning like mad and looking so happy Mikey might just die.

"Mikeyway?" He says hopefully, like he can't believe it. Mikey can't believe it either.

He wants to drop the roses and balloons and make out with Pete on the porch. Instead, he clears his throat and shoves the red roses and balloons into Pete's hand, trying to figure out the speech he prepared.

"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, I am completely and utterly in love with you." Mikey declares, and if Pete's smile could get any wider, it has.

"Oh?" Pete asks. He's leaning against the doorframe.

"Yes." Mikey says. "I have been in love with you since I was thirteen. You are my... You're like fireworks, and you're my summer, I will do anything you fucking please." Okay, this isn't exactly the speech he planned, but Pete is smiling so wide it must hurt, and if it isn't hurting Pete's face, it's definitely hurting Mikey's heart. "I'd do anything for you. I really would."

"Anything?" Pete asks.

"Anything." Mikey confirms.

"Kiss me." Pete whispers, and Mikey happily obliges. He can feel Pete's smile on his lips, and the joy and love in Mikey's heart just swells and he thinks he might burst.

Pete tastes like cinnamon and vanilla.

Pete tastes like home.

Fin. 

Sooooo I decided to post this fic I wrote about a year ago instead of working on Til Tonight Do Us Part. If you liked pls let me know, and you should tell me what you'd like me to work on. Thanks for reading lmaoooooo <3